adverts on this site

mandimoo

Reaction score
.... are becoming a real nuisance! I cant move anywhere without ALDI shoving a brochure in my face, or holiday company trying to whisk me away. Takes the page ages to refresh after viewing a thread as well. Rant over!:growlmad::growlmad:

Oh how weird, I don't see any!

I don't see any either, but I have Adblocker Plus on both of my favourite browsers (Firefox and Safari). It's a free program and really effective--maybe you should try it?

I've got aldi and my big fat Greek wedding! You can post in the help section at the top. I keep meaning to do it

Can you please take a screenshot of both ads? Also answer the following questions:

What device are you using
- How frequant is the ad
- If handheld are you using desktop or mobile mode
What Country do you live in
Does it have a close button
- If yes what happens when you select close
- Does it return after close

Thanks x

To answer the questions above, I keep getting them too.

I get it at least once every time I visit (which is several times a day)
In in England, I'm using an iPhone 6s and have it in mobile view.
Yes there's a close button on the Aldi one, when I close it I have to refresh the page.
My fat fingers often can't click the cross though and it ends up opening a new annoying page.
It will occasionally return after close on a different page in the same browsing session yes.

https://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab117/kirstybumx3/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsev8bwils.png

Does it appear once per session (not per page)? So you open the ad pops up and you browse ok but when you go inactive and return later the ad does too?

I know what you mean by the fat fingers :lol: I struggle with the same.

Hi, I'm the OP. At the moment I'm on my phone, Samsung galaxy s4 and not having the issue. I can see an ad at the top of the page for sky, but it stays at the top (ie disappears) when I scroll down and is not intrusive. Next time I log in on my laptop I'll report back re the other questions. Thanks!

What device are you using ..... HP Laptop
- How frequant is the ad ...., when i arrive at the page, and evry bloomin' time i come out of a thread!
- If handheld are you using desktop or mobile mode
What Country do you live in - UK
Does it have a close button - yes
- If yes what happens when you select close - it closes
- Does it return after close - yes, after i have been into a thread to have a look at it. I suspect it has also come back after inadvertantly passing over the ad whilst trying to navigate the site using the pad thing on a laptop.

ALDI and Greek Wedding are the offenders. Im sorry, I dont know how to take a screenshot.

It's driving me mad never had this in previous years of using bnb

It's practically every visit,

If it's not my big fat Greek wedding then more annoying is a pop up for some game and it actually leads me away repeatedly to the App Store.

Hand held mobile iPhone 5 in mobile mode. It does have a close button and can then repeatedly click away from it to get back to page but quite often it then takes me back, very frustrating. In uk x

What device are you using - iPhone
- How frequant is the ad - 5 times in the last 15 minutes
- If handheld are you using desktop or mobile mode - desktop
What Country do you live in - scotland
Does it have a close button - yes but tricky to click
- If yes what happens when you select close - turns page or closes the ad
- Does it return after close - yes after a few minutes

Aldi advert

What device are you using

Android, Samsung note 4

- How frequant is the ad
Every page load to every other page load