adverts

ms sunshine

Reaction score
hi

i wondered if someone from admin can look into this - i am on high speed fibre optic internet - the amount of flash moving ads is killing the speed of the website, and the size of the giant pop up makes it take a while to get there and in general its just really slow. i know you guys need to make money some how so i am not being awful so please dont take offense, im just saying as it must drive others nuts on older computers with slower internet speeds. just thought this feed back might be useful when planning future adverts :coffee:

Just giving this a bump with an added moan about the awful sainsburys advert! Every time I change thread it is there filling my screen, is there anything in motion to ju just keep to the ads being at the side of the screen instead of all these massive pop up ads?? Thanks.

How frequently?

Do you close the ad or refresh the page?

I close the add, then go back to the section I am looking at (keeps catching me in the gender prediction section) click on my next post and it has followed me GRR!! :-D I am never returning to sainsburies lol!

I'm having the same issue. Every time I click on a new thread the sainsburys ad is back and you have to click on x to close. Once I can deal with but with every click on a thread. It makes the site unusable. Too annoying.

This is really driving me insane too! It definitely does make the site pretty much unusable. It's with every thread/forum change.

Same here as well! Seems whenever there's an ad sue I have it. And it's just a short time between then going away and a new issue coming. It's making it really hard to use this site. Every time I go to a new page something pops up and now the ads are the sizes of my screen and have motion and teeny tiny little xs in the corner I can barely hit on a cell phone.

Yes this is really annoying. Every time you go to the next page/thread its back! Its annoying on my computer but even worse on my phone as the 'x' is too small to click on.

This sainsbury's ad is a bit much now. It's EVERY single new page. So basically everytime you click something there it is.

For reference; i'm using a windows laptop, running chrome to view the website.
It's also fairly constant when i use mobile (android)

Came on here to complain about the same thing.
Ads don't bother me, except when they pop up on every thread change/reply etc.

I'm never shopping at sainsbury's!

Same here. Windows desktop in UK. The sainsburys advert is arriving every page change after being closed. Not appearing on my mobile. It's making the site unusable on desktop.

I am experiencing pop ups on my phone taking me to 'you've won an iphone' style sites which I can't cancel out of. I also just got a message that my broadband provided had automatically blocked a pop up from a website ending in .xyz

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->