Advice: Documenting the Special Day

Allie142

Reaction score
How did you take care of photos/video on the day of? I'm thinking my husband will take care of filming and taking pictures, but it will probably be just for us. And we will select some PG photos for family and friends to see. Any thoughts?

I never really thought about it. My husband was in charge of taking photos but I always wish he had taken more. Take as many as possible! We didn't show most of them to other people, just a few of the baby :)

We have had a birth photographer for both births and will hit the same one for this one too. I cherish the photos she's taken as dh is terrible with thinking about taking pics!

My plan for my first two births was for hubby to photograph. I ended up with zero pictures until they were both an hour or do old. It was just the last thing either of our minds in the moment and it still makes me sad :(

I had a birth photographer at my 3rd birth. Would have liked video too but everything happened too fast to get that set up. She took photos of everything and I made a montage of ones I felt comfortable sharing with friends and family.

I will definitely have a dedicated photo person,even a friend if not a professional, at any future births.

I hadn't an emergency section last time and a planned one this time so it's only my husband in there with me and we didn't really take any in the room, just afterwards on the recovery ward. I didn't really mind too much as I can remember it all very vividly and also I didn't end up holding her in surgery, only when we were back on the ward as I was sick after the anaesthetic so we did capture me first holding her! I think a birth photographer is a lovely idea but wouldn't have worked out for us as we can only have one person in the surgery but if you are having a natural birth I would hope to have taken loads of pics! X

I know many birth pbogograpgers who have gotten permission from the hospital to photograph cesareans. Typically just for planned and not emergency ones, but the photographer still takes photos prior and in recovery and afterward. It's definitely still an option everyone can explore if they wish.

My mother in law filmed my birth whilst my OH was by my side. I was so grateful I got to watch it back from that point of view, as weird as it is :lol: I did have to watch it with the sound off though :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->