Advice/experience: 40 weeks, baby not engaged - will it affect my hb plan?

justkitty

First Time Mum
Reaction score
Im sure it's hormone fuelled but was so disappointed to learn baby isn't engaged at all at my 40 week dr appointment. She didn't seem bothered.

But I'm a ftm and surely there is a reason for baby not engaging? On the homebirth website it mentions increased risk of csection and cord prolapse and I'm now really getting concerned as to what to do/think?

I'm doing all I can to help baby engage but nothing is happening!

I've got an acupuncture appointment Tuesday to help bring on labour - will it cause a problem?

Any advice is welcome!

My son never engaged and I ended up having an emergency c-section after a LONG 20 hour labor. But my midwife wasn't worried either leading up to my due date and told me that baby could drop even while your in labor. Good Luck! & I hope you get the birth you want. :)

hun my baby wasn't engaged at my appt at the day i went into labor. She was born on her due date, after a nine hour all natural labor. We had no complications. try not to worry or stress yourself- it's not good for you or the baby! OH and at that appt i was at that very day- they were telling me i needed to do stress tests and plan on scheduling an induction. And a few hours later i went into labor naturally.

It's not unusual for babies not to be engaged before labour begins although first time mums do tend to engage sooner, but not always. I think its depends on what they mean my not engaged as to the increased risks. Some babies are high and free or unstable lie (frequeantly changing position) and I think they would have the slightly increased risk ratcheted than a baby who was head down and at the brim but not quite engaging. I think that your dr or Mw isn't concerned gives you a good indication as they tend to err on the said of cautious usually. :) try some spinning babies optimal positions if you want to 'do' something :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->