Advice for a sore back?

Expecting1

Reaction score
OMG!!! :shock: the muscles on either side of my spine, supporting bubs are KILLING me!!!!! :cry:
Hubs gives me massages but :sad1: it's sooo bad right now!! He has ruptured discs in his spine so I don't like whinging about MY back when it's going to go away in a few months :) thank god lol.
A bath isn't an option :cry: we don't have one :sad1: and I've tried moving around, laying, sitting, squatting. Pretty much done aerobic in the lounge room :haha:

Have you tried a hot water bottle? Might take some of the pain away x

Hi, I can really symphathise with back pain, mine has been pretty dreadful in the last few weeks. I broke my back (2 lumbar vertabrae) two years ago and this pregnancy has pretty much amplified all the pain I have taken the last two years to get over. Back pain is awful and you just can't get away from it so I do understand.

I would suggest kneeling on all fours and rocking your hips to take some of the pressure off your back, also sleeping with a big pillow between your legs and changing position frequently so you don't get stiff. The hot water bottle is also a good idea and some paracetomol if you need it.

Hope you feel better :hugs:

Try a hot wheat bag maybe? Do you have any sort of maternity pillows? I have a huge one in the shape of a U & it def helps when my back gets really sore. I also will run a hot shower & stand under it with my head & shoulders hanging down forwards, it stretches the muscles a bit & the hot water loosens it all up a bit too.

A good chiopractor has worked wonders on me. Taken away all my pain...literally. So worth it if you can.

Thank you all :)
I think I'll be sending hubs off to the shops for a hot water bottle lol. Hmmm a hot shower sounds great right now, it's a bit chilly for the morning here :)
No chiropractor anywhere near us unfortunately :sad1:

swimming and physio help lots :) so does a gentle walk and stretch.
if u dont have easy access to physio, u could go once and ask to be taught stretching exercises for ur type of back pain. lots of different types of pain and each one has specific exercises so dont just do random ones cos could make u worse.
hope u feel better soon .
def hot water bottles too, i go to bed with one every nt.
take it easy gettin out of bed, keep ur legs together , roll onto ur side and use ur hands to push urself to sitting.
when lifting bend from ur knees not ur waist.
hope some o this helps :) xx
posture is very important for back, dont cross ur legs or have um up beside u on couch. a habit it took me a good while to break :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->