Advice for transitioning from nursing to sleep at bedtime

Mrs. Eddie

Isla and Ethan's Mom
Reaction score
My daughter is still breastfed about three times a day. I went back to work when she was a year so she has been in day care for two months. Before day care, I always nursed her to sleep (bed time and naps). At day care she goes to sleep fine for them (they sometimes have to rock her or pat her back) and on weekends we normally have to take her for a walk to get her down for her naps or she falls asleep in the car (my DH transitions her to the crib after she's asleep).

I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice or tips on what worked for them on getting their LOs to go to sleep on their own without nursing. We are planning on going away for an evening at the end of November so I would like to begin introducing this soon so we can gently transition her into this. We can rock her to sleep but it would be nice to get her used to going into the crib and being comfortable enough to fall asleep there eventually (like she does at day care).

Thanks in advance, any advice is appreciated!

Jay Gordon! Google it. We had one rough night, but then progress was quick. There were tears, but we never once left him alone to cry. We comforted him the whole time and like I said- one bad night only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->