Advice needed please :)

MurphyTaylor

NTNP/TTC#1
Reaction score
Hi!

I'd like advice regarding vitamins and conception aids :)

Are multivitamins any good for helping to conceive or not?

What is the best vitamin/aid to use?

Also, from what day do you start your cycle? Is it the first day of AF?

Thank you! :hugs:

:dust:

i take a tablet called pregnacare original as it has the right amount of folic acid in that you should be getting and lots of other vitamins in too.

you are meant to take folic before you get pregnant as it helps develop the babies spinal cord from the second its ceonceived or something like that.

and you can take this pill all the way through pregnancy and while you are breast feeding as that takes alot out of your body.

these tablets dont help you conceive but help you and baby be healthy x

hope that helps a bit, but there are so many different things out there x

i take a tablet called pregnacare original as it has the right amount of folic acid in that you should be getting and lots of other vitamins in too.

you are meant to take folic before you get pregnant as it helps develop the babies spinal cord from the second its ceonceived or something like that.

and you can take this pill all the way through pregnancy and while you are breast feeding as that takes alot out of your body.

these tablets dont help you conceive but help you and baby be healthy x

hope that helps a bit, but there are so many different things out there x

Thank you :)

I have read about pregnacare his & hers and am considering buying it! As you say, I've read that it doesn't help you conceive, it's all about health which is a high importance to me anyway as I am trying at the moment to lose a bit of weight and be a little healthier in general :)

Any information is of great help to me so thank you very much :)

Hey! We've got the his an hers, very amusing haha!! I got them from Holland and barrat - his were buy one get second for a penny!

He used to take cod liver oil for his joints but I read that isnt good for TTC so weve moved onto the his an hers stuff so will see how they go!

Like mummy.wannabe says - you can use them all through pregnancy an breastfeeding so at least if u buy a few u can use them a while x

i should lose a bit of weight but im not motivated to do it at the moment, bad i know but hey ho x
wishing you the best of luck x

i need to loose weight but im just not in the right frame of mind at the mo, know whats bad but hey ho.

wishing you all the best x

i need to loose weight but im just not in the right frame of mind at the mo, know whats bad but hey ho.

wishing you all the best x

My motivation goes up and down all the time. I keep trying to keep things in my head of reasons why it'll be good to lose weight other than it being better for conceiving like... I'll get my confidence back, I'll feel better (ie healthier), my prtners libido may increase as it might make him more attracted to me (much as he refuses to admit that haha) which means more chances to :sex: :haha:
Also, it'll be good to get fit and healthy now and stick to it as it will probably make it easier to lose baby weight after preganancy :D xo

Soy Isoflavones
Wheatgerm Oil
Vitex/Chasteberry
Mucinex/Robitussin
Evening Primrose Oil
B6
Baby Aspirin
Green tea
Maca
Fertility Vitamins for him and her.

Charting your BBT (i did it helped a ton..)
Checking your cervix and its position
checking CM

I've been taking Manuka Honey with Cinnamon to also help. Not sure how much research as been done into how much it helps fertility but it tastes nice and has other benefits :)

Along with that I take Multi Vits from Boots, Zinc, and Folic Acid top up (I bought the wrong multi vits lol so I had to go out and buy Zinc seperate for hubby and I >><

Maramite btw is a great source for B complex's and Folic Acid :)

It's important to note though that once you become pregnant, you can only take the folic acid up to your 12th week, and not all the way through pregnancy.
xx

Hi!

I'd like advice regarding vitamins and conception aids :)

Are multivitamins any good for helping to conceive or not?

What is the best vitamin/aid to use?

Also, from what day do you start your cycle? Is it the first day of AF?

Thank you! :hugs:

:dust:

Vitamins: Prenatal vitamins found at the pharmacy are good, different brands to chose from.

Yes, they are helpful for your body to be healthy to conceive and it helps the baby be healthy also.

Your cycle starts from the first day of your period and ends the first day of your next period.

Also, try looking into Preseed or Conceive plus as a spermy safe lube

take care and good luck :flower:

the pills that i take says to take all the way through pregnancy and they have folic in them x

Yea mine too, its the concepticare throughout conception,pregnancy an breastfeeding....interesting! Although I'm sure 90 tablets isnt going to last me into a pregnancy so i'm sure they'll be all gone by then!

yeah thats same as mine, i take pregancare which is near enough the same thing, and iv also read that you need folic at the very begginning of your pregnancy to make sure spine grows properly and you need it later in pregnancy because baby takes alot out of you c

yeah thats same as mine, i take pregancare which is near enough the same thing, and iv also read that you need folic at the very begginning of your pregnancy to make sure spine grows properly and you need it later in pregnancy because baby takes alot out of you c

I've heard that about folic acid and the baby's spine

I take Vitex and before I started it ( last month ) I had cycles usually around 35 days but the cycle just before I started Vitex was about 42. My first month taking Vitex I got a 32 day cycle. I'm excited to see what this cycle may be :) I cannot garuntee it has made me ovulate as I have not been taking OPK'S. It must be doing something to give me my first ever 32 day cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->