Advice on daughter starting full-time school.

babytots

Reaction score
My daughter starts reception on Tuesday and with her being my first I am completely clueless as to what she needs to take with her.

I.e does she need pens or pencils to use at school or will it still be like nursery where they provide these for them to use. Will she need a p.e kit or do they not start that til they are a bit older?

Also packed lunch ideas needed what is allowed and not allowed in their bags. I know some schools are really strict on what they can and can't bring with them as they are trying to be healthy which of course I would always send my daughter with healthy food anyways but be good to have an idea of what food and drink isn't allowed.

And finally any ideas on what I can put in her packed lunch box. I don't want to send her everyday with sandwiches as that would get a bit boring and thought about doing her things like tuna pasta etc any other ideas most welcome.

Thanks for any advice I am a complete novice when it comes to school lol. x

hi hun, did not want to not reply but my son starts school tomorrow and we dont need to supply anything like pencils etc at all. also, we do not need pe kit for the first term as they let them settle in at his school before they start them doing pe.

but, i suppose all schools will be different, did they not give you a list or handbook with what they need. if not, maybe you could ring the school tomorrow before your daughter starts school tuesday.

sorry i am not much help but i think all schools will be different. for p.e. though they usually just need a polo type t shirt and shorts.

i know at sons school they dont like fizzy drinks in packed lunches and no chocolate or sweets etc. i would probably do sandwiches or bread sticks, yoghurts, fruit, cereal bars, carrot sticks, cucumber sticks, fruit juice,

hope your daughter enjoys her first day.

marie

Mine are year R and year 2 and do not need to take anything with them apart from lunch box and book bags (which are empty)

They do not need to take any stationary but this was stated on letters.

They need a P.e kit, shorts and top but it does say no plimsolls untill spring term. Best thing is to ask other mums or office. I am sure they wont need that much for first day back.

Typical lunch I do for mine is

Ham or cheese roll
Crisps
Grapes
Yoghurt
Juice or water

xx

Thanks ladies I did have a booklet that they gave me but can't for the life of me think where I have put it so shall have to have a root round for it.

If not then I will just ring them and find out. x

My son is about to start year 1 but I remember being in your place last year - the school told me NOTHING :growlmad:

In the end all he needed was himself in his uniform and his lunch. He was given his book bag on the first day and he took his PE kit in later in the week as we got a leter telling us what he needed.

For lunch he usually gets a sandwich, fruit juice, bit of fruit, yoghurt and a chocolate biscuit, I'll try to vary it a bit so he might get a babybell or cocktail sausages or a jelly. Sometimes he will get what we had the night before if it's suitable (he loves cold pasta bake) and I'm tempted to try and get him a flask of some sort so he can take soup in the winter. All my school say is no sweets and no fizzy drinks.

Don't worry if he doesn't have everything he needs tomorrow - so long as he is there in his uniform and he has his lunch you will be told if he needs anything for the next day.

Good luck I'm sure you'll be fine :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->