Advice on NTNP???

Jess137

Pregnant w/1st - 3rd Tri!
Reaction score
I'm popping in from WTT. I want to get some opinions. My OH and I are planning on TTC in June. Has anyone gone NTNP before TTC? I am thinking about asking OH if we can do that until this summer. My OB/GYN was telling me about how it usually takes 6 months or longer to get pregnant anyway. Is this a bad idea? I don't know what my cycles are like yet because I just stopped my birth control a couple weeks ago and I've been on it since I was 15. If anyone has experience with this type of situation or any advice, that would be awesome. I don't have anyone to talk to about this.

I had my Mirena IUD removed Friday, March 4th after having it for 2 years. Prior to that I was on Depo for 6 years and BCP for 3-4 years. OH and I plan to start actively TTC in June after we get married but are NTNP until then. I figure this will give us a few months to get my cycles back to normal after Mirena, let the added hormones fade away, etc. If we get pregnant before June, we're completely okay with that and being pregnant on our wedding day (fingers crossed the morning sickness is manageable!) but we'll start actively trying (charting, counting days, etc) after our wedding.

Yes, as far as tracking my cycles, I figured that it wouldn't matter whether we were NTNP or preventing for a few months. I can still keep track as long as I don't get pregnant. We're married already anyway so I don't have to worry about fitting into a wedding dress!:happydance:

Yea, I figure if I get pregnant now, I'll still fit into my dress without a problem so my biggest concern would be the morning sickness. There's someone else on BnB who said she was pregnant and fainted at her wedding from a combination of the morning sickness, not eating, and the heat but she also said fainting was a regular occurrence for her so hopefully it's not something I'd have to worry about. I have a feeling it will take OH and I quite a while though anyway...

I can always hope that I don't get morning sickness (it's nice to dream!). I hope that it won't take too long to get pregnant, but I know that Mother Nature has to take it's course. It's just crazy to think about how difficult it is for some women get pregnant, and you see all of these shows where these teenagers just get pregnant the first time they have sex.

Yep, like my mom! I was an "oops" baby conceived the first time my parents DTD - both were virgins prior. Craziness.

I can only hope my OH and I have it that easily! I have a feeling we won't but...fingers crossed we do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->