Advice on progesterone cream please

Farny1

Reaction score
Hi I'm due to begin ivf on my next cycle but I'm worried because this cycle I started to use some progesterone cream thinking i wanted to boost any possible chance of a natural pregnancy as I has heard it could be beneficial. However I went along with the instructions on the tube which said to start using it from day 8. I now realise this is if it's being used as a form of HRT and not for TTC. I'm now in a panic because it seems to have done the complete opposite and I don't believe I've ovulated at all and am concerned that it will now through my cycle out for the forthcoming IVF which I have booked time out for. I can't speak with my clinic until Monday and dont k ow whether to stop using the cream as i think it might bring on a bleed which will be too soon I've not stopped using it because im not sure if it'll bring on a bleed which would be too soon. Any one used the cream before and can advise?

I read about the creams and you are suppose to use it after you ovulate or it can be a form of birth control if you use it before. You are suppose to apply after ovulation and continue until you are pregnant or stop it when AF arrives. I'm on suppository Progestrone and I started Day 21 until AF arrives or continue using it with pregnancy..

Garnet is absdolutely correct. I use my progesterone from 3 DPO onwards but never before, you have to ovulate first. It sounds like you are using over the counter progesterone cream though and that is not what Garnet and I are using. I'm sorry to say that the over the counter creams don't really do anything to support a pregnancy, they can not be absorbed well and are not strong enough for that purpose. If you are doing IVF this cycle you shouldn't be doing anything else than what the doctors told you to do. Please call your clinic for futher instructions. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->