advice on vitamins for men

Lindyloo

mummy to 2 + twin angels
Reaction score
Hi

Although we dont appear to have any problems conceiving my OH has just told me that he is concerned. Apparently the the quality of sperm as men get older can cause miscarriage (he is 50). So I thought I would ask the question about what your OH's are taking, if anything to help.

Thank you x

My DH is 55 this year and the first four we had no probs conceiving, however, we have been TTC since May 2007 with one MMC in October 09.

So, it maybe the case that his little swimmers need a boost, (he does have low count anyway, but always has [2million])?:shrug:

I am thinking of giving him zinc as I have read that might help, but don't really know what else to try. Will be interesting to see what the other TTCAL ladies have tried!:thumbup:

zinc is great for sperm! my OH takes the wellman vitamins - we get the his&hers conception pack, so im on pregnacare xx

My oh takes Zinc 15mg and it boosts the sex drive after 2 weeks or so :rofl:

My DH takes a regular men's multivitamin (Rainbow Light brand). And after our miscarriage in September, he started taking ginseng supplements, which are supposed to increase sperm quality, quantity and mobility. We had an ectopic in February, but it was definitely growing, just in the wrong place. This is our first cycle trying again since the ectopic, so we'll see if it helped when I test on the 30th.

My hubby is on Zinc tablets after advice from FS but im thinking of gving him the Wellman as well. Hubby is 42.

Only thing is he said it makes his number 2's mushy at the start so beware for some change of habits lol !!

My hubby is taking a zinc supplement as well as a men's multivitamin. I don't know about the increased sex drive, but there sure has been some increased complaining as he hates taking pills :rofl:

LOL @ LeaArr - my hubby hated taking zinc too. He complained every single day that it made his stomach hurt, or he forgot, or this or that. ALWAYS something. We were having unprotected sex for 3 years and we never got pregnant. He started taking zinc and we started using pre-concieve (like preseed in the USA) -- and we got pregnant on my second cycle. Unfortunatley, it was a blighted ovum....and I miscarried at 8 weeks, but I think the zinc helped him.

Lindyloo - my OH had low motility, he started taking wellman and cutting down on caffeine/beers etc all the usual but the thing that had the most effect was when he started taking maca - its a natural supplement and there's lots threads about it on here but the doctor could not believe the improvement in his sperm - they're super swimmers now, not just motility increased but also count, morphology etc - I'm sure thats why I started getting bfps after 2 years TTC - sadly no stickies yet but I seriously highly recommend maca.

Thank you... the concensus is zinc and a man specific multivitamin. I had a look at His and hers Pregnacare yesterday which looks good.
I'll have a look into maca as well, thank you Queeniemurphy.

OH isnt enthused by the whole pill thing but I am sure that when we get the results he wont be complaining :)

x

My Dh is so sick of taking pills but if it helps me get my BFP thats all that matters.

some supplements I have found to help :

Zinc (raises testostrone) 50mg -One a day no more,
It is involved in virtually every aspect of male reproduction, including hormone metabolism, sperm formation, and sperm motility. Zinc found in the seminal fluid, increases sperm count and mobility, and blood testosterone levels.

B-12 150mcg -Repairs sperm count if dh has caffeen on a daily bases (daily caffeen isn't recommended)

ginseng 500mg- raises testosterone(thus raising sperm count)

L-arginine 500mg- raises pH and sperm count

Vitamin E - 400iu raies sperm count also has been shown to increase the ability of sperm to fertilize an egg in test tubes.

CoQ-10 raise's testosterone, pH and sperm count

Folic acid 800mcg- This repairs DNA damage in sperm cells

Vitamin C 500-1000mcg- decreases sperm abnormalities and increases sperm count and quality.

200 mcg of selenium daily. In one double-blind trial, low-fertility men who took selenium supplements increased the mobility of their sperm by 100 percent! .Do not exceed the dosage as it is toxic at levels above recommended. (Toxicity levels are 100 times the daily recommended value.)

Bee Pollen-(make sure DH is not allergic to bees if he is he cant take this)
over 50% of men who were given bee pollen in a study of bee pollen benefits experienced a dramatic improvement in sperm count and were able to perform better sexually... after just one month of taking bee pollen.

L-Carnitine-Start by taking a dose of 250 to 500 milligrams of L-carnitine then increase.
in one clinical study thirty- seven of forty-seven men who had abnormal sperm mobility and given carnitine supplementation (1,000 mg three times daily) experienced an increase in sperm count and mobility.

I have found fertilaid for men to have everything DH needs for his count this keeps him from having to take 15 pills a day lol.
https://www.fertilaid.com/male-fertility.asp

only thing not in it is the bee pollen which you can buy at GNC or any health food store.

W8ing4bean I live in kent too but have not managed to find the well man vitamins or the mutli pack. Can you tell me where you got htem from

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->