Advice on what to do in the final months before trying

PurpleTammy

Reaction score
Hi All,

I was wondering if you could tell me what I should be doing to optimise chances of conception when me and my husband start trying for a baby (next month -very exciting!!)?

I've been taking folic acid for the last couple of months on my GP's advice, I've lost weight and I've a healthy BMI (even if it is at the top end of the range!).
We only drink 2-4 bottles of wine a month between us, neither of us smoke, and I drink the grand total of 2 cups of coffee a week!!
I currently taking a multi-vit, but intend to stop this when I am pregnant as I know Vit A isn't good for baby.
I've not used any hormonal conctraception for well over 4 or maybe 5 years now as it sent me psycho! So condoms have been very much a staple!

Is there any tips that increase your chance? /ways to give our bambino the best start in life? I know I'm probably being over worried, but in the last few weeks I've found out one of my collegues has miscarried at 10 wks (for the 3rd time), another 3 are struggling and have been for a number of years to concieve, and another had her baby at 28weeks (12wks prem). I think this is all making me rather worried about nothing! But I just want everything to be ok!!

I need 2 wisdom teeth out, and seeing the consultant (got to be done at local hospital) on the 19th, and will be done under sedation or a general anesthetic - and wondered if anyone knew how long after this you should wait before trying?

Sorry to ramble so much!!

Thanks for any responses in advance!

Tam x

:thumbup:stay relaxed and stress free, best i can think of lol

good luck!
wish i was trying sooo soon, jammy! :thumbup:

Start taking Pregnacare instead of your multivitamin + folic acid, it has everything and is specially developed for TTC and pregnancy. Cut out caffeine and alcohol altogether - both of you!! Take exercise regularly - this is because if you don't already, and you want to whilst pregnant, they advise against starting anything new. Other than that, just relax and look after yourself.

I don't think the dental work will affect anything, I wouldn't worry about it.

Having a healthy balanced diet is important, I have started taking pregnacare as it is a combined pill of folic acid and all the vitamins you need, exercise erm not sure what else you can do really

when are you starting ttc ?

There's a fab book that goes through everything in detail.
It has a nice little chapter about what your OH can do too!

Before Your Pregnancy: A 90-Day Guide for Couples on How to Prepare for a Healthy Conception by Amy Ogle and Lisa Mazzullo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->