Advice please - Mothercare Smart Nappy

Mrs G

Lily and Tommy's mummy
Reaction score
Hi

Just popping in from 2nd tri for a bit of advice, hope you don't mind.

Am really keen to give washables a try and saw these -

https://www.mothercare.com/Motherca...B000TUW3EM?ie=UTF8&node=170093031#productInfo

Just wondered it anyone has used them or heard anything about them?

Or if there is a definite "best" brand to try.

Thanks,
Kath :flower:

I only tried them once and wasn't that taken tbh, think there are a few people on here that have tried and like though. Personally i prefer my pockets, find prefolds need changing too much.

smart nappy comes in several sizes which you buy as baby gets bigger.

if you think that style of nappy appeals to you, you might want to consider the bumgenius flip which is quiet similar but it is birth to potty so you only need to buy on size. costing isn't too different either.

keep your options open though, not all shapes/types of nappies work for everyone.

I loved these and have several of them they hold loads and before h became super wee soaker of the year these were his night nappies, there are a few of us that love these on here and i still go to grab mine before some of my other better named ones.
The up side of these is that you don't have to change the outers everytime you change lo which is brill.
Give me shout if you need to know any more xx

I tried these and didn't like them, the outer part always got covered in poop so I had to change that as well as the pad. I ended up buying bumGenius AIO's and love them!

I really liked the smart nappies - they were the first nappies we used and I never had a problem with them. The only time they really leaked was when LO needed to move up a size and it took me a while to realise! I've stopped using them so much now, in favour of the prettier nappies, but the pads that go in them are still what I use in most pocket nappies as they hold quite a lot and wash and dry really easily. When we go to stay with my mum, I take them plus the disposable inserts so it's easy. I agree that you need to change the outer more than mothercare seem to think especially if your LO poos a lot. As they're sized and I find the pads really absorbant (disposable and cloth ones), they're quite trim. The only real down side for me is the boring white outers!

have one of these and it works fine but as others said it's not as pretty as some of the others and the flip is pretty similar and more colourful and only a few pounds more x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->