Advice please on relactating for 13 week old baby.

WillowMummy

SAHM to 1 DS
Reaction score
Hello,

It's a week ago today that I began relactating for my 13 week old baby. I am using a SNS, pumping every 2-3 hours and taking fenugreek 3 times a day. I have just ordered a hospital grade electric breast pump which will be delivered tomorrow.
My milk supply has completely gone, it's been about 9 weeks since this disappeared.
When I pump I have started to get these yellowish 'crusty dots' on one of my nipples, does anyone know what these are?? I use Lanolin nipple cream and am wondering if it's this being drawn out by the pump before I get excited that it's something else!!
Is there much chance of me finally getting somewhere with all this pumping?!

Thank you for any advice you can give.

It is possible for a woman who has never been pregnant to produce milk (women who adopt sometimes pump to stimulate milk to feed their adoptive children). It doesn't work for everyone but if it can work for them then there is definitely reason to be hopeful for you

The hospital grade pump is a good idea. How much skin to skin time do you do with you LO? This would be my definite recommendation, skin to skin cuddles at any or all opportunities.

noon_child ~ thank you for your reply. We co-sleep and babywear so we have lots and lots of skin-to-skin. Fingers crossed we can do it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->