Advice please xxx

mrs_lukey

Each day is progress xx
Reaction score
Hi I hope you and your babies are all doing ok :flower:

I'm currently 32+2 and on Sunday night I had a small bleed. I went to hospital and was checked and told it was unexplained. Then on Monday I had more fresh red blood and large clumps of blood stained jelly.

I was admitted to hospital overnight and the bleeding stopped but I continued to pass lots and lots of bloody jelly. The doctors have said that I have had my bloody show but as I am not having contractions etc labour may not start yet. I've been discharged and told that if I get any more fresh blood or any contractions at all I have to go straight back in for steroid injections.

Did any of you lose your mucus plug before your pre-term labour started??? What are the chances of my baby staying put until he is term?? I asked the doctors and was just told to wait and see as they can't tell. I also asked if my plug would regenerate as I had been told they can but I was told that if you lose little bits of clear plug then yes but as it has been a huge amount and very bloody it won't as it is the part that actually seals the uterus rather than just a bit from the cervix.

Any advice would be really appreciated xxxx

I lost my mucas plug at 21 weeks and was dilated 5cm. I had an emergancy stitch placed 5 days later and it was actually an infection that triggered my labour a month later and nothing to do with no longer having my plug.

I will keep my fingers crossed that your lo stays put for another 5 weeks.

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply. I'm on bedrest now and just hoping my body settles down and he stays put!

Hi mine was also an infection that triggered labour .... I lost my water first and plug and went into labour 5 days later x

Stay positive .... Have they said they will give you th steroid shots just in case ? X

If I have any more bleeding or if I start getting contractions then I have to go straight to L&D for steroids but they don't want to give them now in case it all settles on its own.

I dident notice loosing my plug at all.

Its normal for you to loose your plug weeks before you go into labour so as long as your not having contractions and not dilating then there is no reason why you will have baby early.

With my prem baby my waters ruptured first (at 23+3), I had contractions for 3 days then bloody show (loads and loads of blood), then had her later that day.

But with my other 3 kids, I lost my mucus plug early on and bleeding and they were all full termers. xx

For me, I lost my plug at 27+1, went into labour at 27+6 which was thankfully stopped and had him at 29 weeks. I'd been losing it forontha in small amounts though.

I lost my plug on the morning that I had him and had lots of blood stained mucous that day. He was born at 10pm at 33+5. As others have said, an early show doesn't necessarily mean that you will go into pre term labour. I hope that your baby stays put for a good while longer. x

I lost my plug at 20 weeks, just after my waters broke, Connor was born at 21 weeks and Harry at 24, but Harry did want to stay in, i just became poorly xx

I was in hospital at 33 weeks and bleeding heavy at 35 weeks stood up and hell kicked loose lol my waters went and 20mims later my little one was born lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->