advice please...

Angelblue

Twin Mummy
Reaction score
I have posted this in the ttc but thought maybe you guys have already looked into this when deciding and wtc and could help!

My job at the moment is 'fixed term' for 2 years but there is a permanent position up for grabs in the next couple of months which I obviously want to go for and there is only one other likely to go for it. It would be more secure for us for when we have baby, and I'd be doing exactly the same job as I am doing now.

My question is... we are currently ttc but if i got pregnant before an interview does the date your doctor confirms your pregnant go on the certificate etc - or can I tell them when I'm ready as I don't want to jeopardize my chances? How does it work?

Advice please

You can tell them when you are ready but the date on the letters you will have to give will go by your LMP or by the date from your scan.

You can tell them whenever you like - but I think you have to be working in a job for six months before you can claim maternity leave from it (you can get the basic SMP no matter how long you've been working in a position).

That means you can't be more than three months gone when you take the job and still claim maternity leave, I think?

You need to have been employed for 26 weeks before your 15th week before you are due i.e. 41 weeks before you are due so about week employed with them before you fall pregnant. You can tell them whenever you want except I think it's week 26 you have to tell them by to get your full rights. If you are working for the same people but in a different role that shouldn't matter as they are the same employer and so your start of employment date will be your old job not the new one.

Oh and it's also totally against the law to not give someone a job because they are pregnant so if they did no and you felt that was the reason you could take them to tribunal for discrimination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->