Advice please....

kirst1805

Mum of Gemma Rose
Reaction score
Tonight i gave gemma a small spoonful of a stage 2 jar to find out how she'd get on, but she gagged a lot and then was sick...:cry:

she was fine afterwards when i gave her a stage 1 jar though... Any ways round this ladies?
:dohh:

xx

She maybe just got a bit of a surprise at the lumps!! I'd not worry and just try her with it again. Does she eat finger foods or is it just purees that she's used to? If so maybe give her some toast etc, get her used to chewing. If she is already having finger foods i'd just assume she wasn't entirely delighted at the new texture-or maybe just the variety you picked? my little girl is pretty fickle so might just be that. Perseverence seems to be the name of the game with solids, good luck x

Thanks for replying.. it probably was just the shock actually.. she may as well inhale her food normally, it goes that fast, haha... so to get a mouthful of lumpy food must've been a big shock to the system.. haha. bless her heart.

xx

I'm not entirely sure what stage 2 food is like consistency wise, but I've heard someone say that babies prefer an overall lumpy texture to a puree with random lumps in it.

Yeah, the stage 2 is a bit weird. You could try mixing some into the puree or smushing it up a bit more with a fork?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->