Advice please

Stanley

Reaction score
Hello all. :wave:
How long did you wait before TTC again? I spoke with the doctor today (not my normal one, he is on vacation) and she said to wait one cycle before trying again so that my body can 'get back to normal.' I really don't want to wait. What would you do?

I'm waiting one cycle (still waiting for AF). My doctor (Bosnian lady, I'm in Bosnia) wanted me to wait 6 months and I said no way, it takes me years to get pg, I am not hanging around.

General advice is when you feel emotionally ready as physically you are ok once your cycles begin again.

Clare

My doctor said to wait 1 full cycle so that my uterine lining could thicken up (I had a D&C). I didn't want to take the chance of trying again right away and my body not being ready and chancing going through another mc.
If you MC naturally, though, maybe it's different?

I guess it's up to you but I was also told to wait and try after one cycle after my D&C. I'm very paranoid and want the next pregnancy to be perfect so I waited.

Hi, My ob told me that as long as you had your beta lvls checked and they were going down and close to 5 or under then its perfectly fine to ttc right away, if u had a natural miscarriage. If u had a d & c then she said its good 2 wait 1 full circle.

I say if you fill ready then go ahead!

I don't want to wait either, so we're taking a relaxed approach (NTNP) until af comes and then I'm starting up my cbfm again. I've started taking my temps just so I can see if there are any patterns yet also. The ob/gyn from ER said we could start trying when we're emotionally ready, and my dr said the average of suggestions is about 3 months. I saw my ultrasound results and it said my lining was 7mm, so I googled it and from what I saw, they like to see at least 8mm so that's why we're going to ttc without waiting. I also feel emotionally ready and physically ready as well so why wait?!

Do you have a health line in the province you live in? We have one that we can call, toll-free, and ask any health-related question which is answered by a nurse on the other end. Might be worth trying if you have one.

I didnt want to wait either, i took the cytotec, i think that was what it was called, anyway, it made me have my miscarriage naturally instead of D&C i was just scared to do that. I didnt wait but had one cycle before i got pregnant again... my doc said it was OK to start trying right away.

Thanks for the input. SAJ- Yes we do, I hadn't thought of calling though, I thought it was more for when sick etc. I think we'll do the NTNP thing this month. Now I wish I had peeked some more at the ultrasound to see what my lining was like!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->