advice pleasee on a exercise plan?

kodi

Reaction score
hey guys
sooo i would appreciate some advice on my diet/exercise plan! thanks

my diet generally: 30g bowl of special k with skimmed milk for breakfast, lunch is normally an omelette, no added fats like cheese or oil thou!
dinner lean meat normally a chicken breast and vegetables!

my exrercise plan is 30mins of high intensity aerobics AM and 15mins of toning
Same again PM, so hour of high intensity daily and 30mins of toning!
iv been doing this a week and have noticed the number dropping but just wondering how this seems to people? I weigh 169lbs and would like to get to 140 as a mini goal, how achievable do u reckon this is by say June? x

Personally i think food your eating & amount of exercise wont work long term.

You should count calories to get an idea of number your consuming, if thats under 1200, up it.

If its around 1200, you'll need eat back some of your exercise calories back to maintain the 1200 calories intake.

^^^ I agree, sounds like your eating to few calories.

you may see results for the 1st week or so but long term your body will stop loosing to conserve energy.

Perhaps try adding in some fats or snacks. The brain needs a certain level of fat to function! Thats why its best to use a calorie counter (myfitnesspal/sparkpeople) as they show how many grams/cals we are allowed based on height/weight.

If you stick religiously to those and eat back your exersice cals then the weight will come of.

Loosing that weighht by june would require a loss of 2lbs a week, Which should be achievable as long as you have no set backs.

|Good luck :thumbup:

I disagree..

I think your diet at the mo is good. You could introduce more protein in to ur diet and try eating 5-6 smaller meals rather than 3 big ones.

Your breakfast is ok and its good that your eating breakfast. Special K is low in GI so it will increase your blood sugar levels more slowly therefore keeping you fuller for longer and will not produce an insulin spike which helps gain weight. Your dinner is good, eggs are packed full of protein. I have scrambled eggs for breakfast but I limit the yolks so I have two whites and one yolk. This doesnt have to be done thought as the yolk is a good fat.

Again your tea is good. Chicken is a lean protein and veg is good carbs.

The things I would change are introducing snacks in to your diet so you are eating every 2-3 hours. The reason you need to eat more little and often is it is much more effective when trying to lose weight. The reason you need ...to eat five to six small meals a day is because this helps your body use the calories more efficiently.

Try having a piece of fruit, or ideally a protein snack.

Try not to get hooked on calouries use this as a guideline. The important thing is you have the right amount of protein, carbs and fats in your diet.

Your exercise plan is good. You are training alot so just remember to listen to your body if it needs a break..

I lost 3 stone not by dieting but by eating healthily and doing the above.. It took a year and ive continued to change my body by becoming more toned. Weight loss that will stay off has to be slow..

Ideally, weight loss wouldn’t be ‘fast’ but controlled. Fast weight loss tends to result in a rebound effect, which is where calorie intake dramatically increases and weight goes up. Normally, when people try to lose weight too quickly calorie intake is very low. Unfortunately, this is very difficult to sustain and people gain weight very quickly afterwards. The low calorie intake can also slow down the metabolism, making further weight loss harder.

1-2 pound a week is healthy weight loss.. However just remember to keep ur exercise etc varied. 1-2 or more pounds a week may be lost but you may reach a stage of platege where weight loss slows up. If this happens just change around what your doing so your not stuck in a rut..

Hope this helps xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"