• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Advice re weaning and bf

Left wonderin

Not sure lol
Reaction score
Hi my LO is just 6 months and EBF . I've started introducing solids this week. LO generally fed little and often , every 2-2.5 hours during the day and 3 hours at night.

What should I expect now? And do I offer the boob before food or after ?
Would love some examples of other babies scheduals :flower:

I offered breast an hour or so before solids so she would still have milk mainly. So around 7am 11am 4pm feeds, then she had a bottle at around 8 then slept through. For a while she would have a milk feed after breakfast too but she doesn't do that as much now. At first their milk feeding doesn't change much as they don't get much food but then it seems more natural for them not to feed as much. But just go with what she wants

For the first year, I'd offer milk first then food.

I give food about an hour or two after milk. And then I often offer milk after food in case she didn't really eat anything and is still hungry. Isla has been on solids for a couple of months now and if anything she is starting to breastfeed more frequently than before, and still nursing every 3 hours at night, so giving solids hasn't decreased the amount she nurses at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->