Advice UK-booking appt , dating scan letter

karaclarke93

Reaction score
My midwife booked me in for my 12 week scan (tomorrow) but I thought I would receive some kind of confirmation letter detailing where exactly to go /full bladder /bring cash for photos etc

Did you UK/Welsh lot receive a confirmation letter after your midwife booked your dating scan at the booking appointment ?

Where I am (England) the midwife didn't book my scan at the appointment, we got a letter after the booking-in appointment with the scan date on it. If you're not sure where you're going etc., you could call wherever you're having the scan done or the midwives.

Here we get a letter, but I'm in England. I'm not sure it's exactly the same everywhere. When in doubt, I would just call to confirm.

I got an information sheet from my midwife at booking with a number to call and book my own scan.

Call your midwife and ask if you're not sure.

I'm in Wales, I got a letter but it just says 'full bladder, bring £5 for pics, arrive 5 mins early' etc.

I didn't get a letter for the scan my midwife booked. I ended up not being far enough for the measurements to be taken so got booked another scan by the hospital 2 weeks later, I got a letter for hat one. It didn't tell me about full bladder, cash for photos etc though, just time and date. I think you're just expected to know those things! £5 a photo at our hospital now, and full bladder only needed for first scans. X

I'm in South Wales and haven't received a letter. I waited 2 weeks after my referral from my midwife before phoning the Hospital directly and they confirmed an appointment had been made for 6th July and a letter had been sent out...its a week on from that call and i'm still waiting for the letter!! They didn't mention anything about what to bring/do so i'll just take a drink and some cash with me.

If you're unsure just give them a ring x

My mw sent a booking form to the hospital to book my scan and the hospital will text and send a letter to confirm it, the system differs by area here and if I haven't heard by the end of the week I will call the hospital to check it.

It varies, I had a scan at 7 weeks and that was just booked by the midwife and I never got confirmation of it. My 12 week scan I got a letter that told me the date, time, how much to drink and about what they charge for pictures etc. Where I had my previous baby though they would ring you with a date and you didn't get a letter so I guess it just depends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->