Advise for a single father (my brother)

Flowerchild

Reaction score
Hello everyone...I am fairly new to the forum and have found wonderful advice on TTC.

The reason I came into this room is because I do not have any kids of my own but I have an older brother that is a single father to a 9 year old girl (soon to be 10) and a 4 year old boy (soon to be 5).

After having the kids their mom went clinically insane and had to be checked into a mental institute. Well my brother was definetly not prepared to raise these kids on his own and my mom tries to help as much as she can but she is in her late 60s and her health isn't that great but she is there for them as much as possible.

Well anyway I would like any links on books/dvds etc that I can get for my brother to help him with the kids. I want the best for my neice and nephew especially since my niece is reaching puberty soon and I just dont think my brother understands how to be there for her at this age. You know how they say strippers are in need of a fathers love. Well i dont want her to end up a stripper....

I appreciate any advice!! :flower:

I dont have much advice to give, but I remember as a teenager that teh best website I went on was www.beinggirl.co.uk Its aimed at girls to read and understand whats gonig to happen to them, so I guess it would be good for your brother to sit down with her and read through.

https://web.me.com/stevebiddulph/Site_1/Books.html

This guy REALLY knows what he is on about. I have 'Raising Boys' and it is brilliant. Really sound advice and really logical and simple too. Hope this helps. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->