Advise on vomiting baby

babyswayze

Reaction score
My baby is 11 weeks old and since birth has threw up after every bottle. After speaking with many doctors, midwives, health visitors and nurses I have tried gaviscon, infacol, gripe water, colief, comfort milk, hungrier baby milk, and lactose free milk. I am at my wits end with this, as he's sick, either has runny poos 4 times a day or none at all for days, and seems to have bad wind. I don't know what to do, can anyone help me?? :shrug:

Is he still gaining weight as he should be? If so, then it might just be that he's a sicky baby.

^WSS...Also, is it a large amount that he brings back up? My lo will spit up a little bit after most feedings, usually about 30 minutes or so later, that's pretty normal and nothing concerning. If it's a lot though then, yeah, something needs to get figured out. My lo also is quite gassy and we've tried 4 different formulas and she was also the same way on bm, even worse I'd say though because she'd have runny poo after every feeding and a bad rash from it.

So, like I said, we tried 4 different formulas, gas drops, gripe water and different bottles. Nothing made her 100% so we just went with what worked best from everything we tried.

Some babies just take longer for their digestive systems to function well and there's not much you can do about it except give it time, but if it's bad enough to be really distressful to him, then I seek out another Dr.'s opinion.

Try feeding with him sitting as upright as possible, keep upright for 30-45mins after a feed, burp gently so that you aren't jiggling the contents of his stomach around, and after all of THAT, lie him down on his back and grab his lil feets, making bicycling movements. The bicycling helps the gas and poops move along, keeping him upright for feeds and for a little while after helps digestion - more gets digested before the sicky fountain erupts.

This is what we're doing at the moment (with an Infacol appetiser) - takes a lot of time, a feed can take up to two hours between making sure he's full, burped and bicycled... but if it means less bright purple in-pain baby then I'll do it 24/7.

Hugs, I know it's difficult, and we've not even got to the medication stage yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->