advise please! cervix. 21 weeks and freaking out!

Keza

Reaction score
So last 3 days ive been suffering from itchy burning vagina. Im swollen all down there and inside. So went to the doctors today and he refused to examine me and said he will just give me pessery and cream to put on and treat as thrush. So ive just gone and put my pessery in and am freaking out with what I felt! Cervix is incredibly low not where it normally is and felt huge and swollen! I don't know what to do. Im petrified of going into preterm labour as I know my little girl wont survive this early.

Phone NHS direct/111

Don't mess about with a pregnancy. Yes it may well be thrush, but you didn't get an examination and you're understandably freaking out.

:hugs:

Ive put the pessary in but now thinking omg what if it goes into my cervix and causes even more problems.

111 would be your best bet or call maternity ward.
the cervix still moves up and down in pregnancy. every now and then I check mine *slaps hand know I shouldn't* but I've noticed sometimes it's really high and other pretty low. it should always be closed though, if you've had more then one it may feel slightly open which is normal.
the swelling may well be down to infection. ideally you should have been examined but I know some doctors don't like to do them at that stage of pregnancy.

I don't know what 111 could do for me. I don't know if im too early in pregnancy to call maternity place. I really wanted the doc to examine me but he flat out refused to even look. Ive felt uncomfortable down there alday from swelling but after feeling my cervix whilst putting pessary in its now tipped me over the edge my cervix feels 3 times its normal size.

mat ward should be able to at least examine you just explain to them what you felt when you put the pessary in. 111 would give you advise and get a doctor to ring you back who would just prescribe you the stuff for thrush without examining you. that's what happened when I rang 111 up for it.
i'm pretty sure in my notes it says you can call mat ward as of 20 weeks. don't know if its the same for your area.
mine says it on the front on my notes.

Mine doesn't say any times or when I can call. Just says antenatal clinic, maternity day assessment unit, labour suite, midwifery led birthing unit and ward F11 for after giving birth. Has different numbers beside them.

it would be day assessment you would want then, either that or just give your midwife a call in the morning

I can call EPAU/DAU from 16 weeks here x

Assessment unit is closed at 4.15pm and doctor referral only. Its bloody ridiculous here in Suffolk I don't even think we have a epau.

Call labour ward after 20 weeks in the evenings or weekends. Hope everything is ok Hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->