Advise re weaning from bottles to cup

faille

Mummy & WTT
Reaction score
I thought I might get a better response in here then in the FF section so I posted here :flower:

Right, so we got a sippy cup tonight to try Violets milk feeds in (I think it should all fit in there :dohh:).

Do I still need to sterilise it, like I would her bottles? It's a very wipeable / easy clean material, so much different to her bottles and I can't see anything getting 'stuck' to it if I wash it straight away. Trying to sterilise one cup 3 times a day is not going to be my idea of fun....

Should I keep her water in a seperate cup?

She drinks well from her cup that she has water with but does tend to thrash it about a bit so ends up spilling quite a bit. They are both free flow and both have handles so she should be ok holding it, but as she doesn't hold her bottles and is still 'fed' her milk, should I 'feed' her her milk from the cup or let her do it herself like she does with her water?

Should I only try one feed a day to start with or go cold turkey and do all feeds with it?

Any other advise anyone can give? Lol

TIA x

I dont have alot of advice but i do give Connah a sippy with water in it and will be putting feeds in there in a few months.
I dont sterilise it,i just use my dishwasher :D

Also,i would probably give him 1 cup with water in and another for his feeds as it saves on washing.
I would give 1 feed a day in the cup at first also then the week after maybe give 2?

Thats the way i would do it but this may change in a month or so if i get different advice or told im doing it wrong:blush:

For now im keeping water in the cup, bottles will be dropped eventually anyways and when we tried milk in his cup he did drink it but it alot was dribbling out as he was drinking it.

Personally I would not go cold turkey - I think that might be a bit unsettling for them, I dunno. Maybe pick one feed and see how she gets on with having it from the sippy. I'd just do it at her own pace.

Yeah I agree about starting with one feed, I would prob do a middle of the day one, so she is not really hungry from a long night stretch and not just about to go to bed. I am looking forward to switching to a cup for milk feeds, but Freya still drinks about 40oz a day, and just messes around with her cup at mealtimes, so there is no way it will work yet!

Hope whatever you decide works! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"