AF advice please?

zoefromsussex

Mother
Reaction score
Hi, I had a TFMR (4 weeks and 4 days ago) Have not been using contraception as my husband & I are keen to conceive again asap. Anyway, this morning I noticed some extremely light brown spotting but nothing since then. Could this be AF starting or do you think it could be implantation bleeding?
(Oh and yes, I know the advice is to wait for two normal cycles before TTC but my doctor told me this is mainly for dating purposes)

hi honey didnt want to read and run. funny enough i had the same thing and didnt class it as my af. then asked on here if anyone had experienced the same thing and heard from the lovely ladies and they had classed this as an af. but thenfor you it could be inplantation bleeding so i have not really helped!! i did read that if you have inplantation bleeding you get a bfp after around 10 days but then the internet has so much info that it can be confusing. sorry not been much help honey x sylvia x

sorry to hear about what happened, hope youre recovering well.

i dont think you'll get much flak in here for not waiting, its your choice and most bumpers seem to agree that not waiting is fine.

I had an ERPC 30 days ago, 6 days ago i had some pinky brown cm, not even spotting, and i thought it mightve been ov but wasnt sure, and my af arrived yesterday at day 29, so it might be something similar - lets hope it is implantation bleeding, which it defo could be too - either way, i dont think its anything to worry about

Thanks Sylvia & NatoPMT! I've made an app to see my doctor on tues morning so I'll ask him what he thinks but I'm not sure what to make of it. Both times I have conceived I've had implantation bleeding but then I also 'felt' pregnant. This time I've had nagging cramps but no other symptoms (no PMT either mind you!) I guess it takes time to get back to normal and some signs are better than nothing.
So, are you both TTC as well? Its so hard to just chill out and wait for nature to do its thing isn't it?
Thanks for your advice xx

yeah im ttc since lost my little one on 04/02/10 and it feels like forever since then. i have 2 my boy is 18 and my girl is 13 so big gap!! just turned 41 so feel that time is not on my side so my oh has become my performing seal not that he is complaining!!! how are you feeling about it all? x sylvia x

(no PMT either mind you!)

thats what got me too, i swear i had nothing, nothing at all to indicate af was on her way. I usually get sore boobs from the second i ovulate, but i had no sore boobs, although i did have a benny about ice cream the night before she arrived which should have alerted me.

i wasnt going to ttc this month but when my af arrived, i got all excited and changed my mind, so yes, first af after mc and im back in the game.

My sister had a TFMR at 23 weeks and she went straight back into IVF after 1 af if that helps at all, she didnt wait

Most of us ignore nature anyway, its her who got us into this mess in the first place

It really sucks that we have to have all this worry and fuss when so many women just seem to churn the babies out like there's no tomorrow! I know a woman who's expecting her 6th baby (at 41 actually Sylvia...!) and she's not even happy about it. Its very hard to be civil to people like that when you've lost a very much wanted child.
With my daughter (I've got a 3 year old) I fell pregnant on the very first attempt with contraception and that was without even a thought of where I was in my cycle! I didn't realise my luck and assumed it would be the same with George but sadly it wasn't meant to be.
I'm feeling okay-ish about it all but I do have wobbly days when I spot a newborn or hear of a friend giving birth. We're seeing the consultant on 24th June for the postmortem results so I expect that will leave us feeling raw again.
Fingers crossed you will both have some happy news very, very soon xx

with my 2 i conceived within a month to 3 months and it took me 4 months with this little one but then for it to go wrong. i think if you have not had problems then you take it for granted that you will have a great pregnancy and a healthy baby. thats why its been great talking to other women in same boat as me. zoe please let me know how it goes at the consultant and my thoughts are with you honey x sylv x

Thanks Sylv, I'll defo let you know how it goes at the consultant.
You definitely do take it for granted if you've had a great pregnancy but I've learnt the hard way that things do go wrong! You're so right about chatting to other women in the same boat.
Keep me posted on how you're getting on too. I'd love to hear some happy news! xx

hi zoe i got your request and i was so happy!! thankyou x
got doctors tomorrow and will let you know what happens. also just realised you live up the road from me im in dorking about 20 minutes away how funny is that!! x sylv x

Hiya...what a small world!!
Will keep my fingers crossed for you that the doc gives you some useful feedback tomo. Let me know how you get on.
Well...the plot thickens re the AF situation! I had no further spotting until this afternoon but now its disappeared again! I've been thinking about it and I can only presume that after the birth of my baby/the bleeding afterwards, there isn't much lining to shed. I expect thats why this AF is sooooo light? xx

hi honey how are you feeling now that the witch finally showed her face? x sylv x

Not too bad thanks but I went to the docs earlier to discuss things a bit more and he wants me to wait another three months before I TTC!!! I told him outright there's no way I'm waiting that long and he agreed he was only saying that in case I'm not emotionally ready. Anyway, he also said that just because I got AF it doesn't mean I've defo ovulated so now I've just to hope my cycle gets back to normal over the coming months and/or try ovulation strips...How are you today then? xx

not too bad today got blood test tomorrow so ball is rolling. i think you should try when your ready honey its your body and you know what feels right!! have started taking my tablets again they are herbal and regulate your periods so gonna see if that does something!! x sylv x

Which herbal tablets are you taking?
In the end AF was sooooo heavy, I almost wished I hadn't got it! My doc says it can take 2 or 3 cycles for things to settle down but we're not using contraception and taking the view if it happens, it happens...I think chilling will help anyway xx

i take agnus castus which i started taking after i lost baby and it was the 1st time i got a positive opk in the 4 months we had been trying. natopmt looked up on web to see if there was anything i could take to bring on af(bless her for doing that for me!) and did parsley tea for 2 days and now i have got really bad backache and cramps so hoping thats a good sign will let you know. im sorry that you are having such a heavy af thats the pits honey!!
x sylv x

Ooh never heard of the parsley tea trick! Has it worked yet? You can have my af if you like as its driving me MAD now!!! lol Basically, was really really heavy all week and stopped yesterday (which was nice as we were at a wedding!) but its now back again along with horrible cramps in my stomach and back. I'm really hoping the docs right and that things will stabilise after a month or so. Am also gonna buy some ovulation strips as I have no idea if anything is even happening. I keep reading of women who get signs of ovulation but I don't get any symptoms at all!

nothing yet honey but got terrible cramps and backache so tempted to try more tea but the pain is really bad!! im hoping your af eases up soon honey x sylv x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->