AF and post c-section -- please help!

SabrinaKat

Delighted Mum to Finn
Reaction score
Hi,

I had a c-section 9wks ago and bled for three wks - short, mild AF at four weeks post c-section and recovering nicely -- and then last week, thought it was the flu, but no -- a full-blown with cramps, aches and irritability AF. The area around my incision hurts, my tummy around my bellybutton hurts and I get sharp shooting pains there at times -- is this normal due to the menstrual cramps, etc? My 6wk check-up two weeks ago was fine, but should I be worried now?

Please help -- this pain is horrible (but comes in spasms, not continuous), is it just post c-section recovery with AF? Over the counter painkillers (with codeine, tho) help a little, but am scared that maybe have overdone it with cleaning, bending over or just paranoia?

thanks!

My dates are similar to yours. I'll be 9 weeks pp tomorrow. My first afwas heavy, but not painful. Last week was horrible though. My scar ached and felt really tight and sore. Stomach cramps, shooting pains, awful. Never had an af like it. I'm hoping it's normal too?! I've also been taking painkillers with codeine. Dulls it, but doesn't stop it. I've rested more than I normally would past few days and the pain has eased, but af has stopped too?? Sorry I'm not much help, just wanted to let you know you're not alone!! xx

Lexi --

Very helpful -- I thought I might have to go to A&E (okay, not really, but such pain..........!) Hope you're okay-ish......

best wishes

If it continues go to your gp. I can't face my gp at the moment, so avoiding it at all costs. Been twice since my c section, 1 of those was 6 week check, keep asking where baby is :(

Hope the pain eases off soon, it's pretty horrible xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->