AF Late...confused =(

mommytobe488

Reaction score
Hey Ladies,
Heres my story...Im a student right now, so not actively ttc, but havent been very careful. My periods have been a little weird since starting school again. Before school started, my cycle was 34 days long and AF came like clockwork. My cycles the first couple months of school were normal (34 days), then I had one cycle where I was a week late, then my next two cycles were 32 days and 30 days. This past cycle started on December 12th, so as of today, Im on CD38 and still no AF. I dont know what to think b/c I had that one cycle 3 months ago that was pretty off, but by this late in that cycle I was having sore breasts and acne which made me feel like AF was coming. This time, I literally have no symptoms except occasional nausea and a slight cramping sensation in my abdomen.

My OH and I used the pull-out method on January 3rd/4th and January 6th. I used a FRER this past monday (Jan 16th), and got a BFN. Today, I used an EPT certainty, but it had been expired since August 2010, so I dont trust it. I opened it up, and there was 1 dark control line and a light second line. I read up on it and learned that digital tests measure LH and Hcg...but I cant help feeling like its a BFP :wacko: Am I crazy for feeling like that even though I know it could just be the LH in my urine reacting?

Im planning on testing with another FRER friday. If that comes back negative and AF hasnt come yet, I dont know what to think. Should I go in for a blood test? Will a doctor even do that without a BFP?

Thanks for reading and any advice!

If I were you I would try another test because the one you mentioned doesn't sound too reliable so definitely test again.

You haven't mentioned if anything changed around the time your cycles started changing, like coming off birth control as that can affect you AF. Your last two cycles have been out but not by a couple of days so I doubt that your doctor would do anything. Try not to worry, women's bodies are hell at times - once I was bleeding constantly and really severely, I went to the hospital where they did a check up then told me to go home and no one knew what it was. It stopped in its own time and I still don't know what caused it.

If you miss a period for over a couple of months and get bfn I would go to the doctor, remember stress will delay it too

Xx

Our bodies can be such a pain! I started medical school when my periods started not being quite as regular. I know stress can definitely delay it, but i dont think Ive been under any more stress than I was the last 2 cycles. Plus, I had 2 weeks off for the holidays, so if anything, my stress level has decreased. I think Ill test again in a day or so, and again next week if AF still hasnt come, and get a blood test if the HPTs still say BFN. Ive heard some women never test positive on HPTs...is that true?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->