AF/ovulation, where are you? (xposted)

SkippinStones

Reaction score
Hello,

a bit of background first...
I had a natural m/c at 12 weeks on April 30. I believe bleeding completely stopped on May 15th. (I even counted brown-tinged CM as part of bleeding). Took an HPT to make sure HSG levels were gone but still a faint second line appeared.
next day, May 16th doctor told me cervix was closed up and I was good to TTC as soon as AF comes and I complete my first cycle.

My question is: When would a woman typically expect AF after a m/c? (I know it can vary depending on situations, but I guess I mean on average) Do I count the number of weeks from the day of m/c (4/30) or the last day of bleeding? (5/15)

Also, around the week of the 15th I did experience a tremendous amount of EWCM and it was all tinged brown. Could this have been fertile CM? was I perhaps ovulating so soon after m/c? When does O happen? again, do I calculate weeks past m/c or when bleeding stops?

Today, I checked my cervix and it's extremely high, open and soft, but my CM is lotion-y. OPK is neg.

I'm sorry for all of the questions. This was my first m/c and I'm still so upset by it and I guess it makes me all the more desperate to conceive because I feel like my time is running out (because of my "advanced maternal age").

I know I shouldn't rush things, but I feel like if this is my opportunity to conceive, I may as well jump on the opportunity in case another doesn't come. You know?

I'm sorry to all who are going through a loss right now or who had a loss. My heart goes out to all of you.

As I understand it you can count the first day of bleeding as cycle day 1 or when you received a negative hpt. Your patch of brown tinged ewcm was possibly when you ovulated and if you did ovulate then (which assumes that there was insufficient hcg in your system to stop you ovulating) you should receive your next period approx 14 days after the ewcm. This also depends on your luteal phase length. It is possible that it may take a long time for your cycles to get back on track but the ewcm, and now lotiony cm is a good sign. :hugs:

Thanks for your response, Steph!

Well, this evening I saw a bit of brown spotting on the TP and I can only HOPE that this is the start of AF...yay! If so, it's EXACTLY 4 weeks since the m/c day. Hows that for timing?
I'm hoping it is so we can get this show on the road.
Now I should cross my fingers for normal, predictable cycles from here on out!

Mine came four weeks after and then ovulated 6 days(still bleeding) later rather than my normal 13-15. I bled right through until this af. Fingers crossed for you to get back on track. Thinking about u xox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->