After a shower, feeling down etc

Dragonfly

Mother of 4
Reaction score
This is the second time this has happened where I have either taken a shower or a bath and felt so dam depressed! I had a shower tonight, came out started to feel really down, tired, cant even be arsed to lift a finger to get up here. Need to go upstairs and have a good cry. I dont know why thats the second time thats happened. First time was the bath, which i thought the bath just made me tired but it made me cry and miserable. Needless to say I have banned baths! Feel dizzy and a bit sick here to with it all. Definalty will have to go the bedrom as there are guests here with darren.
I cant ban showers now! :cry:

hormones maybe but why they starting up when I have a clean? this dosnt make sence. I remember one person mentioned that it happened to them in here.

anyone else?

I get this feeling too sometimes. I think it has something to do with relaxing and your hormones. You have to pick a different time of day to shower, like first thing in the morning, I do and it helps a lot. I don't have baths either as I just get so down it's awful. Keep the temperature at warm too and not hot!

Hope that helps a little xxx

Thank you for knowing what I was talking about, They both happeed in the evening so maybe I will switch to morning and see. I was afraid to as I didnt want to feel like that the whole day. Took a while to snap out of that mood last night.

It really feels awful doesn't it? Like a pit of sadness, I know how bad it feels but I am sure you feel different with a slightly less hot shower and change of time. Hope so anyway, like I said it worked for me xxx

I had this too but I put it down to looking fat, white and pasty when I looked in the mirror.
I never thought it could be anything else, how interesting. Showers and baths are banned, we now need to stink up the joint hahaha.
keep smiling babe
xxxxxx

Thanks girls i thought it was just me. It really is a pit of sadness and its weird. I to thought it was discovering about 50 new stretch marks but that comes with it all and didnt really bother me to throw me into a fit of depression. Takes a while for it to clear up but it near turns me off cleaning now and i am a sweaty girl from running about all day carrying this big baby! so i need me shower.

For me it's because it's so much harder to do anything now..I mean, it's a nightmare trying to heave out of the bath and I can barely turn around in the shower.
Bath/shower times are usually pamper sessions, but when you cant even SEE half your bits anymore WELL!
Usually end up leaving the bathroom more sweaty, annoyed and flustered than I was when I went in.

The bath is off for me as a few weeks ago i found it hard to get out of so i dare chance it now. And thank god my shower is big.
But am having trouble drying my feet and a bit of a struggle getting pants and socks on. think i may need a hand soon myself.

how many weeks are you Mrs Nesbit?

The bath is off for me as a few weeks ago i found it hard to get out of so i dare chance it now. And thank god my shower is big.
But am having trouble drying my feet and a bit of a struggle getting pants and socks on. think i may need a hand soon myself.

how many weeks are you Mrs Nesbit?

37 now. Usually end up walking around the house looking like I've been dipped in flour now, thanks to going mental with the talc on places I cant reach.:rofl:
I've outgrown my maternity clothes too, the jeans feel like I'm strangling poor bub even if I leave the fly open on the underbump ones, so I spend most of my time in uber stretchy pyjama pants.

I am already at that stage now. I maturnity jeans i cant get up, the stretchy bottoms are ok only they are annoying my tops roll up like roller blinds! I live in pjs now also. :( I grew alot in a week i think, well judging by the new stretch marks aquired.

i had a hard time when i was pregnant with my first. i had the idea of taking hubby in the bathroom to sit and talk to me distracted me from my body. When i had a bath i would actually have to be sick afterwards and concluded it was too hot.

When baby is born you can have a nice long soak in the bath with a million bubbles while DH is on baby duty! :) hope you glas feel better soon xx

Awww, i hated baths cos used to get so stressed running them, lol thye go too hot, cold, too bubbly. LOL I used to come out alot more stressed. hehe!

I know may sound obvious but have your tried using an aromotherapy shower gel, bath stuff or moisturiser afterwards. Or try lighting lavender candles, (good ones that really do smell, sometimes, oil burner is better.) in the evenings for sleep or lemony citrus'ey smells for mornings.

Hope you feel better hunni! xxx

i think the lavender would clearly throw me right into depression as it seems to be the relaxed feeling that does it. I will try showers during the day. I hope to god i am not like this after preg as i used to love baths.

Oh, yes depression is the worst feeling. I had it horrible one year, I would wake each morning in a pit of despair. :(

:hugs:

Oh, yes depression is the worst feeling. I had it horrible one year, I would wake each morning in a pit of despair. :(

:hugs:

I had meds that made me feel like that every single morning and i dreaded waking up as it was the worst then. My doc says depression is at its worst in early moring for some reason. But it was horrid. it was so bad it scared me as i didnt have a reason for it. So i know what that pit feels like. Soon as i dumped the meds that where for migrains i had to stop them coming at all i felt so much better.

hope you feel better to i wouldnt wish that feeling on anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->