after breastfeeding...

Gregor

Reaction score
:shrug: Been looking around for the most appropriate place to ask this question, and this SEEMS to be it. I apologize if it isn't.

Anywho, so my wife had a baby and breastfed, had another baby, gained some weight, breastfed and lost the weight... and now she's feeling pretty self-conscious because at 23, she describes herself as having "grandma boobs." While breastfeeding the last baby, her milk production was through the roof, which caused a lot of growth. She's talked to me about looking into plastic surgery to reduce some of the extra skin... but we're hoping for one more baby in the next few years, and I don't know if that could negatively affect breastfeeding for the next one or make it more painful or whatnot.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Breast reduction surgery can certainly affect breastfeeding, especially if it involves removing some of the mammary tissue. Personally, I would wait until I was done having children to consider any sort of breast surgery.

I agree, I wouldn't be doing any surgery until I was done with babies. Pregnancy can also affect breasts, so she may end up with the same problem again, regardless of whether she bf's again or not.

If there are more babies in the future, I'd wait. My DH and I had this conversation because I was worried about mine sagging etc. We agreed that when we decided we were done, he'd get a snip and I'd get a tuck/lift if I felt I needed one. Breast surgery can definitely affect breast feeding if they take mammary tissue or having another and choosing to breastfeed post surgery would leave y'all back at square one with however much money was invested in the first surgery out the window

I wouldn't recommend she do anything if you're planning more children - for one breast reduction can affect breastfeeding as you are removing part of the mammary glands. She might be unable to breastfeed again. Also it's unlikely to be the breastfeeding that's caused any sagginess, pregnancy does this - but breastfeeding can delay the affects as it keeps the breasts full and round. Even if she'd bottle fed formula and never breastfed her boobs would probably be the same now. Any work she has done might therefore need repeating after future pregnancies.

Personally I think the best action right now would be to reassure her that she's still beautiful and sexy to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->