after pains??

frillyhilly

Reaction score
after a c section do u get after pains??
i had them so bad with my third they were actuall worse than labour itself. they went on for like a week and really struggled with the pain.
also i bleed extremely bad after birth i loose clots (sorry TMI) the size of peeled plum tomatoes. it scares me everytime.
im thinking i want a section this time, baby is breech at the min but will they let me have one if she turns??

I don't remember getting after pains to bad because the pain from the insecion is already a lotl Plus they usually give you pain killers that you take every 4 hours so maybe that is why. The nice thing about having a c-section is that because they clean your uterus out to get everything out the baby bleeding isnt nearly as bad. I had bleeding like a period for about 2 days. then after it was light spotting for about 2 weeks.

I remember having some burning like sensations which the nurse said that it was my nerve endings. I was in a lot of pain as well, but only because I ran out of pain meds after a week, but I took Tylenol which helped a little. Hopefully they'll give you plenty of meds so you won't feel anything. :flower:

You get after pains regardless of if it's a natural birth or not. The only reason you don't feel them with the c section is because of the meds they will give you post-op.

I had an EMCS and had horrid after pains, especially when nursing. Had to breathe through them sometimes!

I had after pains with both mine and bled for ages.

I had worse after pains when I gave birth via cesarean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->