Age Gap?

Lil_Baby_Boo

Reaction score
Was wondering whats a good/ideal age gap to have between your kids?

xx

Well, my opinion would be 2-3 years. We were going to have ours two years apart, but when our daughter was at the age where it was time to try again I realized I wasn't ready quite yet lol! So when she turned 2 we started trying again. She'll turn 3 a month before the new baby comes, and I feel really good about that age gap. She finally is potty trained, so I won't have TWO in diapers. Just my opinion though!

I don't think there is an ideal age gap, it's what suits your family. I don't really hold much to the arguement the closer in age they are, the closer they will be as I have seen much older siblings who dote on their younger siblings, and know two people who have a year and a half between them and haven't spoken in 5 years. I think all age gaps have pros and cons

So my answer would be whenever feels right for you

what ever feels right for you hun, i wanted a bit more age gap between this baby and kacy but feel pregnant sooner, but when u feel ready to have another baby hun.

I agree with Beanie - I don't think there is any such thing as an ideal age gap in general - Just what is best for you and your family.

There is 2 years almost exactly (all but 6 days) between my two and it's a nice gap for me....But I know it wouldn't suit everyone!

there will be 17months between my two :) i think its a perfect age gap

I think that a 2-3 year gap is a good one. There is 14 months between my two and I wish I'd waited til Ella was older before having Alex. That way I could have had time for just us and things wouldn't have been so hard for the first few months. I'd not change what I have now and I love my babies so much, but for us the gap we have is extremely hard work sometimes.

Defo think it depends on your household.

I mean me & OH are always both at home so theres 2 hands on where needed to which is why we have considered 2 close in age.

we will all have to wait until mummy feels ready again :hi:

but @ the moment, I cannot imagine to have another one before the first one isn't a bit more independant! even two years seems to be to close for me, whereas four years looks as a good age gap for me. but then it is as well last date for me, as me being then 35 and I do not want to get pregnant beyond the age of 35!

I have timed it at 2 and a half and fits perfect for me :) Daughter loves babies and helping out and she is very easy going so im glad that i will be giving birth soon.

But like everyone says it depends on your household! Its different for everyone!

I'm glad to read all your input on Lil Baby Boo's question. I'm currently thinking that we'd be good to have a second baby born when Simon is about 3. We can't imagine having two in diapers!!! But more seriously, I think both OH and myself want to enjoy some time alone with this little monkey since everything is so new to us. Besides, we're building (ourselves!) our home at the moment so we'll need a break afterwards. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->