Age of testing

MrsC8776

Mom to twin girls!!
Reaction score
I have 13 month old twins. One of my girls has always been a bit behind. I've had a gut feeling for a long time that something just isn't right. It's just that gut feeling that won't go away. I mentioned my concerns to her dr a while back and one of the questions he asked me was if she cries when her sister cries. The answer is never. Now I know thats not a big deal and many would say thats a blessing (which it is!). Well he asked me again on Friday and I again said she still doesn't. With all the other things I told him about her behavior and her high pitched screams rather than crying he suggested I get her on the waiting list to be tested. Now since she's 13 months and the waiting list is a few months long (from what I've been told) is she still to young to be tested? Will they really be able to tell me something? I've taken the M-CHAT test online and every time it tells me (with a big red flag) to take her in and get her checked out.

What age were your LO's when testing was done?
Did you have a feeling something wasn't right?

Thank you for reading :hugs:

I had a feeling from when my son was around 8 or 9 months old that something was 'not right', to me as a mother I think you just know and have that gut feeling. I pushed and pushed and pushed the doctors and then got him portage and speech therapy and appointments for tests with the paediatrician. Finally at just over 2 years he was diagnosed with a genetic disorder to do with his X chromosome. As of last sept he attends a special needs nursery attached to a special needs school.
If you have a feeling something isn't right, you need to push for everything and never give up. My son is now in the best place, who knows what the future holds, but he is happy and healthy. Feel free to private message me if you want any advice, but I hope everything turns out ok for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->