Ahhh venting

sarahgx4

Reaction score
I am a pregnant mom who has 3 kids already. My oldest son, Caleb who thinks he calls the shots all of the time. Then my daughter Shaela that is 7, feels that our chore chart doesn't apply to her. My 3 year old son Christian, does a few things around the house to help, nothing big. My complaint doesn't lie with just chores, but mostly with them keeping their spaces orderly so they're able to find their school things on school days. We've bought different organizational items to make their bedrooms easier on the eyes/ easier for them to take care of and NOTHING is working! Why do kids not have pride in their belongings anymore? Am I catering to them too much?:wacko:

My kids are exactly the same, they just dont seem to care about there things at all. I try and explain that they cost us a lot and all we ask is that they look after them but same old in one ear out the other story. Im sorry I dont have the answer but if you find one plz let me know lol xoxoxo

have you tried having their things for school the next day in order before free time is given?

I've been the one who gets their clothes ready, lunches, shoes by the door the night before, toothbrushes ready with toothpaste on them waiting for them in the morning. I take care of everything, all I ask of them is to take care of their belongings like they appreciate them.

my son is pretty good i usually get his stuff out for him the night before for school but i wake him he will follow me down satirs sit down for his b.fast then will go upstairs brush his teeth into his room puts his stuff on which is pre set out :) mite help a bit better i knowits time consuming but perhaps just do 3 piles of uniform on the landing when the kids are in bed and you have 10 mins i actually get my own clothing out at night for next day OH does too a bit weird i know but makes life so much easier in the morning if you end up in a rush or something your stuff is just there :)

I have their clothes picked out at the beginning of the week. It's really not a matter of that. Its the effort they lack in to keep their room nice. I cater to my 7 and 10 year old in the morning and as I recently learned, you cant do everything for them. Its time they start having responsability for their routine. In 5 years am I going to still be picking out my sons clothes and placing his back pack aside the door, with his lunch bag tucked away for him? He'll be 15 by then. I'm trying to raise them to be responsible, respectful, not lazy adults.

when i was 14 my mum made me do my own laundry and ironing to teach me a lesson for trying to get a free ride of her haha i have to wash the pots for pocket money aswell when i was 13 i used to get £5 a week hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->