Aiden Allen Born 02/10/09

aidensmommy88

Mother of 1
Reaction score
On Tuesday Feb 10th at 5am I woke up to get ready to go to the hospital. I had to be there by 630am at labour hall. I was schedule for a c-section at 830am. So I waddled around, nervous as hell.... I hadnt a wink of sleep the prior night. I have a huge fear of needles and all I could keep thinking of was the epidural, plus I was so nervous on becoming a new mommy. So we (hubby, my mom and dad) left the house to go to the hospital. We got there by 645am. I was fashionably late. :rofl:Haha.
I went in, got all of my info checked, stripped down into a gown and froze my butt off. The nurse came in to give me my IV and to take some blood. Of course I let them know that I am not veiny at all and when I was pregnant that they always took the blood out of my hand due to having a visable vein there...Well the nurse was hard-headed and insisted on getting blood out of my right arm...Needless to say she collasped my vein in my arm and now I have a huge bruise, about the size of a silver dollar, and its black, not even purple...They finally got the blood out of my right hand like I had said, they had to call the IV team due to not being able to get the IV into my vein..Yeah so apparently I was complicated... haha... I took my little IV baggie and walked into the c-section room at 905am...
I sat on the edge of the table and They did my epideral... I was scared shitless...I saw the needle, but it actually didnt hurt. I was surprised, I told the doc that the shit was goood.. haha I was so out of it. Ii laid down on the table and by this time it was 910am and hubby was comming into the room. Hubby and I watched them cut open my stomach. It reminded me of a block of cheese because of the orangeness of the chemicals they use to clean. They had no issues getting thru my uterus. At 927am my son was brought into the world. He weighted at 8 pounds and 2.5 ounces, 19 3/4th inches long with a head full of black hair.:happydance: Even with all the fluids, he was gorgeous.
Daddy went over with baby and cut the umbilical cord. It took approx 5 minutes until I saw my son. I was so antsy. They stapled me back up, no bleeding issues or anything.
I went back to the recovery room for approx 2 hours until they completed the test on my son then we cuddled. I still cry thinking about it. That for 9 months I couldnt wait for him to be born and he is finally here. I was in the hospital for Four days. I left today Saturday Feb 14, what a VDAY gift. My son was starting to lose weight in the hospital. When we left he was weighted at 7 pounds and 10 ounces. He and I had some trouble with the breast feeding, he just cant seem to latch on correctly...So after him and I both getting frustrated I decided on Thursday to wait to try at home. I pumped my milk. I started to get my milk fully in last night and boy do my breast hurt. :hissy: Overall I believe I had a wonderful birth. Im sad that I missed the chance to have a natural, but Im glad that my son is a bouncy newborn who's healthy. Enjoy the pics!

Attachments

• phone 019.jpg
    phone 019.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 86
  • phone 026.jpg
    phone 026.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 32
  • phone 030.jpg
    phone 030.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 47
  • phone 025.jpg
    phone 025.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 35
Super huge congratulations to you!! He's gorgeous and wow look at all that hair! I haven't seen pictures of a newborn baby with that much hair since... well... me! ~laughs~

I'm so pleased everything went smoothly (aside from your dreadful bruise!) and he is absolutely precious! Congratulations again! :hugs:

CONGRATULATIONS!

I told you the epi wouldn't be that bad! lol

He is a gorgeous baby! All that hair! I'm jealous, all my babes were bald for the most part!

He is gorgeous!! Congratulations on your new arrival!

Congratulations he is a gorgeous baby-you must be so happy and proud! Good luck healing and with your new little one :)

congrats he is a gorgeous little man x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->