Akina Mei 22.12.08 *story added*

Samo

Reaction score
Edit for birth story!

Finally have a little time to type a quicky birth story :) (one handed nonetheless! :lol:)

Night of Dec 21, DH and I decided to "get things moving" by trying some of those natural labor inducing methods...i've walked a TON, ate spicy curry, was time to DTD. Only 10 minutes after at 9pm, I started feeling uncomfortable, not believing they were contractions...surely it was just soreness after months of abstinence. I called a friend who told me to get timing, get ready, and call the hospital. Hour and a half passed and the pain didn't let up, i was timing contractions 3-5 min. apart.

Couldn't wake DH...the man had taken nyquil before sleeping. I packed my hospital bag and baby bag... I was NOT prepared...in my mind, this baby was not coming before Xmas.

10:45 called Doctor, she said come right in. DH was groggy from his meds still so on the way to the hospital we stopped at a convenience store for energy drinks :rofl: he told the others waiting in line that i was in labor in the car, and they promptly put him at the beginning of the line. Silly man.

I was 5cm gone and baby's head was right there when I got to the exam room, contractions 3min apart...they put me in a delivery room. i spent the next 3 hours telling the nurse "no I do not want pain medication" I was fine! I was on the laptop updating you ladies here and emailing family, and mentally preparing myself for more pain to come. The nurse was nervous but I was just sitting on the couch typing away. My second cervix check and I was 8cm, my waters had not "broken" like i thought they would...turned out they just slowly went on their own. That was easy!

about 20 min after that cervix check the contractions were HARD. I was trying to keep focus and went to the restroom. It was not a glorious moment as my bowels decided to empty out and the worst pain of my life started. They tried to usher me out and they ordered an epidural sent up, telling me meds were on the way. I had mixed feelings but you get to a point where you don't care about anything but making it through the next minute.

I RAN back to the hospital bed and was 10cm gone...too late for any medical intervention, and immediately started pushing. The nurse counting to 10 every push helped me a lot. I kept my eyes closed, just concentrating on her numbers, every second was one less I'd have to bare through. 30 min later at 4:26AM I pushed Baby Girl out so fast my OB said she just shot out into her arms.

Baby was perfect, they immediately placed her on my chest for bonding time and she had the biggest red lips and a whole head of hair! Everyone kept asking DH if that really was my first birth, as I did extremely well and naturally at that. I was so proud I was able to deny the pain meds all night and not give in. It was the most wonderful, challenging, and rewarding experience.

We named her Akina Mei and she was 6lbs1oz, 18.5in long. Absolutely healthy in every way and gorgeous! A perfect mix of Mommy and Daddy, we can't decide who she looks like more! She is so calm and sweet and took to nursing like a pro and is a pooping champ :lol:. We are so in love with her! :cloud9:

----------------------

Quick message to let you all know we are finally home from hospital!!! My little Christmas pressie :). Thank you Sarah (Genkigemini) for updating everyone when I left for the hospital Sunday night! Birth was amazing, i will have to write the story later when i can catch a few more mins.

Some quick details though...

We named her Akina Mei Meneses. She was born Dec. 22 at 4:26AM weighing 6lbs1oz and was 18.5in long. She is so gorgeous with a full head of hair and Daddy and I are very much in Love with her! :cloud9: She is nursing well and is extremely calm and easy going...all the doctors were impressed with her!

A couple pictures before I go, too. I promise to write up my story once MIL comes this weekend and gives me some extra time :D.

Merry Christmas everyone! Enjoy your holidays!

https://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj101/samorin/Akina1.jpg
https://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj101/samorin/Akina2.jpg
https://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj101/samorin/Akina3.jpg

She is gorgeous Samo!! Congratulations, a brilliant xmas pressie i would say!! x

CONGRATS she is Beautiful XXX

congratulations shes gorgeous... way nice lips, sorrry if thats abit of a weirrd comment lol x

congratulations hun, she is beautiful and i love the name choice

Lou
xxx

Awww shes gorgeous, congrats and have a nice xmas x

Huge congrats hun, am sooooooooooo jealous you have your LO for Christmas!

She is just :cloud9:

I cannot believe you've had a baby! I remember when you were TTC! Congratulations x

Congratulations on your little girl, she is lovely. :) x

Wow- she is gorgeous Samo!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!

She is absolutely beautiful! congratulations! :hug:

Aww honey, congratulations - she's so beautiful :hugs:

She is beautiful! Congrats and Merry Christmas!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->