Alayna Emily Born 23rd April 2009 - Ventouse/Forceps/No pain relief!

danapeter36

Reaction score
Hi Girls

Well this certainly has been a long time coming!!! I haven't been on here much since my daughter arrived, shes been keeping me busy! I have no idea where all the hours in my day go!!!

Where to start...

Sunday 19th April
Peter and I had taken to having loads of sex. I started getting irregular cramping, and Peters mum came over for a sunday lunch. I marched around the garden singing grand ol' duke of york with his mum for hours!!!

Monday 20th April
I was asked to go into hospital by my GP and get my urine checked. More protein had been found in it, since a test I had on the Wednesday. Day Assessment saw me and asked me to do a 24 hour urine sample. I was given a huge bottle to fill. We saw loads of contractions on a CTG monitor but DAU didn't seem too worried at this stage.

Tuesday 21st April
Went back with my wee, they tested it and asked me to return on Wed to 'discuss' what to do next, pending finding more protein in my urine! Had loads of pain in the night, thought something was happening. My contractions were 20 mins apart.

Wednesday 22nd April
Woke up feeling 'weird'. Peter wasn't able to drive me to Wycombe, even though I felt sick and very ill, he wasn't able to drive. He has vertigo and it had come on very chronically. I went on the bus, and just as I got off, got a call from DAU. They said to come in asap, I said I was on my way anyway. They said they wanted to induce me today because of the protein. They told me I had pre eclampsia. Now very scared and underprepared, I rang Peter and his mum and my Auntie Judith to let them know. They calmed me.

I got to hospital just after 12 midday with a subway sandwich as I hate the food in hospital and the lady, Meelan on DAU said I'd need my strength for labour!!! I was so excited at this stage and couldn't believe it was finally happening!

I was monitored for babys heartbeat and recieved an info pack about what inductions mean and all about the drip, pessary etc. Then they took me to the ward to rest until the doctor came to assess me and get my pessary inserted. Both Peter and his mum were enroute.

At 2pm, I got up to use the loo and felt myself get a bit wet on the way. Then when I returned from the loo a great gush came and I wet the hospital floor. The nurses were handing over and so I cried, getting all panicky because I knew my waters had gone. Someone finally came and told me yes my waters had gone on their own, and if nothing had happened by 2pm tomorrow they'd have to induce me. Luckily contractions started right away. I breathed through them, and Peter and Mum arrived. We chatted but the contractions gradually got worse and I had to zone out and breathe a lot! By 8pm, I told Peter to go home and get some rest, sure that the contractions would ease off, even though they were 2mins apart now. Peters mum stayed with me, assuring me she'd stay overnight and the staff were willing for her to do so. At around 5pm they'd given me paracetemol and at 10pm I asked the nurse if I could have some more. She said she'd get someone to check me with the possibility of taking me down to delivery and getting some entenox or pethidine. The lady next door to me was 3cms dilated and taken down to delivery at this stage. At 10:15 I was checked. Then double checked.

They told me I was 7 cms dilated and they had no idea how I had kept so quiet. I told them it seemed busy and since I seemed to be coping okay I didn't want to bother anyone! They took me straight down and I met my Midwife, Melanie. Who is now known as Saint Melanie!

Peters mum rang Peter, he had only just got to bed lol as it had been a long day. He came straight away. It was weird hearing mum ask Peter what clothing we wanted her to wear right away. They changed me into a hospital robe because my waters broke two more times in my night dresses, and I soaked the birthing ball and the chair again. My contractions slowed, but lasted longer. By 11pm I was 8 cms dilated. I had a little gas and air but it made me sick.

The contractions got worse and at around 2am I was pushing and asking, politely lol for pain relief. Melanie said I had made it that far and I should keep going. As time went on I got tired and they got out a suction cup for her head. It didnt work. The doc lost her grip and it flew across the room. Peter nearly screamed, he thought it was her head flying off lmao :rofl:

Then out came the forceps. Very painful from there on out. I gave one last ditch attempt at a push at 3:55am and she just came out. I asked for her right away, and had my injection to speed up placenta delivery. I kept saying is she okay, is she okay. I held her tight to me, and instantly my hungry girl wanted my boob! Peter was in buckets of tears. His mum watched everything, holding my hand and was amazing. They counted her fingers and toes and I held her and just stared till they took her away and cleaned her up.

So she's here, Alayna Emily. Born at 8lbs 7oz, at 3:55am on St George's Day with gorgeous strawberry blonde hair and the healthiest appetite I have ever known! I didn't know my heart possessed the ability to love this much but I know I have never felt so strongly in all my life.

Twelve days later and she weighs 9lbs 9oz and is doing well. I love her with my life. :hug:

Attachments

• DSCF0003.jpg
    DSCF0003.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 200
  • pregnancy and baby 067.jpg
    pregnancy and baby 067.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 199
  • pregnancy and baby 064.jpg
    pregnancy and baby 064.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 185
oh bless she is gorgeous hun, congratulations :hugs:

haha you make me laugh you really do
:rofl:
''Peter nearly screamed, he thought it was her head flying off''
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

nicely done on the birth though
im so proud of you!!!

:hugs:

she's gorgeous dana
congrats to you and peter!

:hugs:

xx​

:rofl: Poor guy thinking his babies head is flying across the room!!

Good job Mommy :) Congrats, she is beautiful!

massive massive congrats hun, she is sooo much like you!! so to surmise you had a forcepts delivery on paracetamols!! LoL what a hero!! she is beautiful xxx

Dana you are such a star!!!
Sending you millions of hugs :hugs::hugs::hugs:
Alayna is so beautiful.. And definitely not elephant sized :cloud9:

Love ya

xXx

congratulations dana she is absolutley gorgeous im sorry about the latness lmfao not been on for a while glad to hear everything went ok!!! xxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->