Alcohol BEFORE ttc?

Amygdala

Reaction score
I posted this in ttc but then thought maybe someone in here might know:

Can drinking alcohol in the first half of the cycle you'll be ttc in (so before ovulation) affect the egg and therefore the future baby should you get lucky that cycle?

The reason I ask is that there is a fairly big occasion coming up most likely in the first half of our first ttc cycle. I would love to be able to "let my hair down" one last time (for a while anyway). But obviously if there's any risk to our future baby that wouldn't be worth taking. I've tried searching online but couldn't find anything (consistent exposure to alcohol in mice aside). Does anyone know whether alcohol can affect the maturing egg before ovulation?

Thank you!!!

Edit: I think I should add that I don't normally drink. I'll have a few drinks at parties/nights out every few months but that's it. So I'm not worried about alcohol doing damage generally, more that one evening alone could do damage due to bad timing.

I believe it's more of a problem if u drink all the time but one night isn't going to do anything. Have fun! I've had friends who do things before they knew they were pregnant with no bad effects

I agree, one night aint going to hurt and could understand if you was a big drinker every weekend or whatever. Go, have fun and enjoy as it may be the last time for a while you can lol

Its only if you drink a lot on a regular basis that can damage the quality of your eggs.

My husband and I conceived on a night when I was letting my hair down and had a few drinks. I had a healthy pregnancy and now have a very healthy 13 month old.

Enjoy your night out!

Lx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"