Alcohol & Caffeine while NTNP

BeachyFeelin

Reaction score
Hi ladies! I've finally wondered over here from the WTT boards. Long time lurker, don't post much :)

I'm curious what everyone's opinions are on alcohol and caffeine consumption while NTNP. For me, I'm definitely scaling back the glasses of wine, but I'm not sure I want to give up my morning coffee just yet.

In your opinion, does it really matter? Or is it better to just cut it off right now?

I've seen a lot of women say "drink until it's pink" - how do you feel about it?

I think that in excess, alcohol and caffeine have negatives effects on fertility. I cut back on both when we started trying, but I didn't eliminate either. From the start of the cycle until the egg implants though, there is no way for alcohol or caffeine to cross from your body to the egg, so if I would be most careful from a couple days after ovulation until the start of your new cycle.

I had a couple drinks on Halloween because I had gotten a BFN and felt a little crampy (ended up with a positive 4 days later). I'm not worried about it, I don't think a couple drinks in isolation are enough to cause negative outcomes.

Congrats on your BFP!! That's so exciting!!

I've thought about switching to decaf coffee. At least taper off my regular 2 cups a morning to decaf, so that when the time comes, cutting it out completely won't be much of a shock.

I switched to half reg, half decaf when I started TTC, didn't really even notice a difference!

I think cutting back is good.. I dont drink much tea or coffee anyway, alcohol i normally have one or two on the weekend... this is my 1st proper month of trying so come O time i will probs stop till new cycle/negative test...

Congrats Amalee! great news xx

We're not quite NTNP yet, but I've been trying to cut back on caffeine because I know it won't be an easy adjustment for me. They say a cup or two of coffee in the morning is safe, so I'm trying to get down to just that one cup. We're going on a vacation next month that will overlap with my fertile days, and I'm not too worried about avoiding alcohol on vacation, because drinking before and during implantation isn't supposed to be an issue. I'm not a frequent drinker, so after that I'll probably cut back on drinking as long as we're trying. As long as I get my New Years champagne, I'm happy.

I didn't eliminate either when TTC ds. I still had a cup of coffee or 2 every day. The NHS guidance said this is fine when pregnant so figure it's fine when TTC. Had a glass of wine regularly top but cut it out when had bfp x

I am still limiting caffeine from when I was breastfeeding as I carried on with the same limits as when I was pregnant so I just won't increase it yet.

I don't drink alcohol anyway so it's not an issue for me.

I think as long as your intake is moderate, you don't have to give it up.

I actually got pregnant when I resumed my once a day coffee (I love coffee :coffee:<3) and had some wine during a holiday. So I think we should just do what makes us happy (of course as long as it's not unhealthy!) :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->