Alexander has been taken back to hospital..

Sam182

Mum to a 27 week preemie
Reaction score
Hi all,

We were at a routine clinic today to check on Alexander. I pointed out to the dr that his scrotum was quite swollen and from there on it's all a blur...
It turns out that he has a serious hernia and fluid build up. He's been taken to yorkhill childrens hospital which is a nightmare for us to get to. He's only been home two weeks and I had to leave him in and NICU again. I am totally devastated and he's not coming home til next week some time. I can't believe I had to leave my poor baby alone again...

:hugs: Oh no :(
Try to think at least it was picked up though sounds like it could be quite serious if it wasn't xx

Yeah that's one thing I suppose. I just miss him so much

Oh no poor Alexander and poor you.

I hope the next week goes quick and he is back home xx

Oh hunny massive hugs :hugs:

oh sam182, Im sorry he is back in nicu :( Gd thing is they have picked it up and are dealing with it. I hope he is better soon and back home where he belongs :hugs::hugs::hugs:

ohhh that's a shame at least u pointed it out early tho he will be home before u know it x

I have to say I can't wait to get out of yorkhill! The doctors are great but I'm afraid the nurses in the wars Alex is in are completely awful! When I went in this morning they had transferred him without me knowing! Then I had to check his oxygen level as I could hear the flow which I can't normally and they had him on 3.0l/min instead of 0.2l/min! They also didn't noticed his hernia was bulging out and needed pushed back in. The worst thing of all for me was that they put him in an incubator!! He is 14 weeks old and can regulate his temperature just fine! I can't stand it there! Sorry rant over!

Why on earth have they put him back in an incubator? That's really weird :wacko: When Iona was transferred we were told that if she had been able to control her temp at that point she'd have just been put straight into one of the huge standard cots on the ward even though she wasn't quite 4lb and hadn't hit her due date.

I just burst into tears. It was like being back in ICU again! I feel like they are torturing me. He is 6lb 7oz and has been home two weeks so why they have done it is beyond me!

:hugs::hugs: I'd be demanding they take him out and put him in a cot unless they can demonstrate a valid medical reason to keep him in it.

Do they have any idea how long he'll be in? I hope he's back home with you soon. Are you able to stay in with him?

I can stay with him the night of his surgery. He'll be out next week at some point. The earlier the better as I'm at my wits end!

I really dont think he should be in an incubator escpecialy if he can hold his own temperature, Its not like he is seriiously ill or anything :( and the oxygen level is a joke, ur little boy doesnt need such a high demand of oxygen. I don't think they are doing a gd job at the moment of caring for your little boy. Checking the oxygen is a basic. Im so sorry your having to be in the ward when your not happy :( I hope you get Alexander home very soon. xx

sam that is awful, I'd demand to see the head nurse! in an incubator and that amount of oxygen? are they trying to set him back after how wellhead has done. can only empathise how u must be feeling.

he will bounce right back after the op he is such a wee trouper xx

oh and meant to add......... his weight is awesome! Daniel is 6lb 14 now, Alex will soon take over him, bet he looks and feels huge to u now lol x

Lol yeah hes a monster now! They've now told me I can't stay at all as they don't have space. I'm going in to rip shreds off someone!

Well I spoke to the charge nurse ad got it all off my chest! She was very apologetic and told me those responsible for mistakes would be spoken to and re-trained. Alex is looking good today and the surgery is planned for tomorrow but we're on an emergency list so if something more important comes in we'll get put back. Wish us luck!

That's terrible! I hope he gets out of there ASAP! Hugs to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->