Alexander John Joseph Ferik - 6/5/09 !!

diva4180

Reaction score
It took awhile to get some time to sit and write his birth story, but here it is, introducing Alexander John Joseph!

At my 39 week appointment, they found my BP was high at 140/100, didn't get lower after lying on my left, so they decided to send me to labor and delivery for some bloodwork and monitoring, and to decide whether I should be induced. Of course I got upset and after the nurse left the room, cried all over poor hubby. I was 2 cm and 60% effaced at the appointment also.

So we went home and got my older son settled, called the grandparents, picked up our bags and pillows and off we went to the hospital. I was in triage and they hooked me up to the monitors, and BP cuff. They ran some bloodwork and had me give a urine sample, which came back with the slightest trace of protein if that. My BP was still high, I had some lower readings, but it was staying within the 150/90 and higher range most of the time. I was also having some more contractions, stronger and seemingly more regular. The nurse was looking at the machine and said "you're having regular contractions", so they had one of the residents come in and check me, at which point I was 3 cm and 80% effaced, and said I was apparently in early labor anyway (probably from freaking out earlier I thought to myself!)

So, the on call OB came in to chat, a lovely man (no sarcasm, seriously) and said pretty much that he felt it was the early stages of pre-eclampsia, and since I'm here, and already 39 weeks, and apparently in early labor, and the baby was doing well, we'll hook me up to Pitocin, some Magnesium (gag) and have the baby by about 4 AM. By this time it was about 9 pm.

I didn't get hooked up to my drips until about midnight, and about 1AM started feeling strong regular contractions. At 1:30, I was eating a piece of ice and turned toward my husband, and as I did, felt the baby twist, a pop and liquid trickling out of me. I paged the nurse and said I think my water had broken, so the resident came back in and checked, and said "yep, it did! You're on your way!". Well, after my water broke my contractions REALLY started ti hurt, so I asked for my epidural and GOD did that hurt going in!!!! In the middle of the doctor inserting the needle, I had a super strong contraction which made the rest of my waters go all over my husband! What a time it was! When the needlewas in, I started feeling more comfortable, and was able to feel the contractions and some pressure down below but no pain. At about 3AM I started feeling some pressure, but when I was checked I was about 6cm still.

This was when it got crazy. 5 minutes later, I felt more pressure and said "I think I might need to start pushing soon", so the doctor checked me again and I was only about 8cm still. Well, as soon as she removed her hand, I felt an incredible need to push, incredible pressure. I asked her to check me again and said I have to push it's getting hard to hold back. Sure enough in those few minutes I was fully dialated at ready to push. I had a hard time holding back the urge was so great while the doctors came in, the OB was over the phone telling them to tell me not to push. I said I have to!

All this was happening between 3:00 an 3:15. At 3:20 I began pushing, and at 3:25 AM on june 5, Alexander was born!

He spent some time in the NICU for slightly low blood sugar, he was jittery after such a quick and intense birth, but he was able to come home with me two days later! He's gorgeous, and we are all in love with him :) :cloud9: Thanks for letting me share his story with you!

Wow that must have been intense. Congrats to you and your family. x

so happy for you !!!

Diva i want to see pictures!!!!

Don't you love quick labors and epiderals! conrats!!!

Yay congrats on your little boy!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"