Alfie is Home...

monst_18

I Love being Alfies Mummy
Reaction score
Hello Ladies

I will try to keep this short ish and i hope our story can give hope to newe premie parents.

Alfie came along at 26 plus 3 on 18th September, He will be four months old on Monday and is amazing.

He was just 1lb 5oz when he was born as he hadn't been growing in the womb - my placenta had died and it was a miracle he survived ( only an accidental scan that saved him)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...ing-miracle-life-saved--hospital-blunder.html

He has undergone heart surgery, laser eye surgery, had numerous infections a blood clot in this leg and has Chronic Lung Disease, But he finally came home after 15 weeks on new years day. He has Oxygen at home but thats fine and we wouldn't dream of not having him, Hes a star. He now weighs 6lb 13oz and is thriving.

Hang in there if you are going through this - its a roller coaster but these little ones are such amazing fighters and they need you to do the same.

WOW what an amazing story, hes SO beautiful, a miracle xxxx

Congratulations...Wow what a little fighter...your story is amazing. My LO was born at 26 plus 3. It amazes me how our babies survive what they do...just shows how strong they are.
Am so pleased all is well now and you are enjoying being a mother...best wishes to you both...x

What a wonderful story, you must be so proud of Alfie!

And of yourselves for going through so much but doing a fab job obviously.

Can we see some pics?:happydance:

Oh I just read the article and saw the pics on there, he is gorgeous:happydance:

I saw this story in the news! Amazing. So glad he is home with you now. Look forward to hearing all about his progress xx

Oh wow!

Problems with my placental bloodflow (in rather than out) were only picked up because I volunteered for a research programme that involved an extra scan at 21-23 weeks, otherwise we wouldn't have known anything was wrong either! My baby Andrew was born at 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 6oz, and was IUGR. I think we were lucky that, although he was incredibly small, his extra maturity meant he didn't have most of the usual premmie physical immaturity problems (heart valve, eyesight). He came home 2 days after due date! Our story is in this forum area.

Can we see some more pics of Alfie please? I love seeing how these babies progress.

Alfie is gorgeous! You must be so pleased to finally have him home. It sounds like he is doing really well! Keep us updated with lots of pics :hugs:

i've been posting in 3rd tri looking for you!:hugs:

hes fabby! my LO had laser too - it was certainly alot less scary than i imagined! xxxxx

wow what a staory , so glad he is home, hes beutiful and a little miracle xx hes gorg, looks great in picture in paper xx u 2 both xxxx keep us updated and lots of pics hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxbig hugs xx:)

Thanks everyone - its so lovley to know the support is there - if i can be of any support to anyone please shout - i feel i have the experience now thats for sure!!

i will keep you posted on how he does!

This site is wonderful!

If anyone is on Facebook - all his piccies are on there - can i add a link to that? or add me as a friend - Emma Buckle was Presslee.

My pictures are too big - will have to try and work out how to resize!!

xx

Wow Alfie is beautiful you two must be so so proud, St Annes is amazing with preemies I had freddy at St Marys in Portsmouth your story sounded very familiar to my experience its a bloody scary shock isnt it. Glad he is doin well he is a true miracle x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->