• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

All the complications

mummy3

Busy!
Reaction score
I've done threads about individual complications but more have come up so figured may as well get it all down in one thread and hopefully get some advice! I've 5 kids already but pregnancy seems to be one of those times where a new thing can sneak up!!

Ok, firstly I have Ehlers-Danlos type 1, a genetic condition affecting my connective tissue. My type comes with pprom and my baby will be preemie. I have extremely hypermobile joints (as well as the very elastic skin and fragility issues that come with type 1) and live in pain, pregnancy hormones make it a million times worse! Pretty much a daily dislocation of at least 1 joint, pelvis is a common area due to baby but I dislocate both knees, elbows, hips, 1 shoulder, several ribs and my jaw :wacko: To add to this I have a neuromuscular disorder, Isaacs syndrome, that causes my muscles to constantly move, cramp up and my left leg is stuck in a contracture now. Essentially my mobility is crap, I do have a cane and a wheelchair, but its getting the balance of trying to keep some mobility with the exercise intolerance of the Isaacs. These mean I have to take strong medications, particularly of the anticonvulsant variety. I am very, very worried as to how these will affect baby. Does anyone else have similar worries?

My baby is measuring small <10th in all measurements on Tuesdays growth scan. I usually have bigger babies and certainly the head is always big!!! So have to have a lot of protein and drink a lot etc and its going to be closely monitored being as I pretty much live at perinatology. Any other IUGR moms?

Just to add to things :dohh: My BP has been unstable, there were flow issues in the babies cord so now I have to watch out for pre eclampsia. My first child I had class 1 HELLP, my BP was unstable but never got very high and my case was missed for way too long. I ended up with full eclampsia, DIC and having to be intubated in ICU. However, the 4 babies after were free of HELLP. Now I do know the risk is relatively high of reoccurance due to it being HELLP and it being severe but I have dodged the bullet 4 times!!! So any other pre eclampsia/HELLP/Eclampsia survivors?

Oh and I have a hyperthyroid this time!!

I figure there's got to be some of you ladies with some of these complications or experiences and I welcome any advice!!! I'm on bedrest so got lots of time:coffee:

Here is a pic of my little girl from Tuesdays scan. There's one of my none existent 25 week bump and how my left foot is stuck to give an idea of the mobility issue.

Attachments

• IMAG4267.jpg
    IMAG4267.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMAG4221.jpg
    IMAG4221.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMAG4220.jpg
    IMAG4220.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 14
Hi Mummy,

I havent had the complications that you are experiencing but just wanted to post to say you seem so strong and gosh you do have a lot to cope with! Is your Obstetrician checking you regularly to keep on top of all of your issues?

Im pregnant with my first and I have Multiple Sclerosis. Its been ok so far but starting to feel more fatigued and wondering if its just pregnancy or MS or what.. Im not on meds atm but will be after birth and I worry about breastfeeding and passing on meds to baby.

Hi Mummy,

I havent had the complications that you are experiencing but just wanted to post to say you seem so strong and gosh you do have a lot to cope with! Is your Obstetrician checking you regularly to keep on top of all of your issues?

Im pregnant with my first and I have Multiple Sclerosis. Its been ok so far but starting to feel more fatigued and wondering if its just pregnancy or MS or what.. Im not on meds atm but will be after birth and I worry about breastfeeding and passing on meds to baby.

Hey thankyou for the reply:hugs:

Yeah I have to get seen every week at least by my OB and by perinatology so lots of monitoring! Do you get watched closely with your MS? Fatigue is one of those that can be exacerbated or caused by pregnancy, did the doctors give you an idea of what to expect symptom wise? I hear you with breastfeeding, I fed all my others and want to again but theres the added medications. Have you asked if yours are bfing safe? :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->