All you Spartacus/Andy Whitfield lovers

moondrops

Call me Sally!
Reaction score
There is a story in the Daily Mail today about a documentary they made before he passed away and how they need funds to complete it, here is the link: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...field-documentary-followed-battle-cancer.html

the link to donate on DM doesn't work though so i searched and think this is where you people are donating to https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/426354716/be-here-now-the-andy-whitfield-story

hope i am allowed to post this mods, please delete if not x

I saw a bit of the documentary. Soooooo saaaaaad. It took a while for the new spartacus to grow on me. I REALLY didn't like Crixus' new missus at all!

I read about this last night to (Thanks DM) and I pledged. I loved Spartacus, and I only discovered he had Cancer right before he died. It's scary, how someone can be happy, healthy, fit, and the next minute be told you have cancer and there's such and such a chance you will beat it. You have to be a brave person. And it's scary, because he reminded me of my partner Nat in some ways. Just thinking about it - Nat could have cancer, I could have cancer... what would one of us do with out the other? Our Children? And poor Andy, he had a lovely wife and 2 young kids. I really feel sorry for him, and his family. He was 39 years of age! I lost a friend to cancer last year, (my first love actually, and we remained good friends) he was 28. He had a wife of 6 years, a 5 year old daughter, a 2 year old son, and his wife was 8 months pregnant when he died. Not long after his funeral she gave birth to a baby girl. Knowing that this baby girl will never know her father, it's horrible. And that their son probably will never remember his daddy either. And his wife! Left to raise 3 children on her own. I also know many people who have beat cancer. There is no one in this world who can say they have not been effected by cancer in some way. Cancer is a terrible thing, and I hope they find a cure in the very near future, to save poor people from loosing loved ones, and the people themselves from loosing the battle. RIP Andy & my friend Sam... and everyone else who has died of cancer xx

I agree angelicious i didn't like her either, most of the scenes she was in were really cheesy too, it took me a while to get used to the new spartacus as well, he had a hard job to take over! The preview of the documentary is really sad, just seeing him cry :( hope they raise all the money, i can't understand why the producers of Spartacus wouldn't help towards the costs! will be sad to watch but he is so inspirational xx

It will be hard to watch definitely. It must have been such a hard film to make.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->