Allotments and veg patches

Creative

Reaction score
Do you have an allotment or veg patch?
What are you growing?

I dug up my front garden for a veg patch where I have fruit bushes (rasps, tayberrys, black currants, blueberries, gooseberries and red currants)

I've so far planted runner beans,potatoes, parsnips, carrots, lettuce, salad leaves, rocket
and tomato in red and yellow. I am trying the yellow ones for the first time this year.
I am hoping to plant some sweet potatoes and marrows too.

I grow my own and love it! Not doing so much this year as I can't manage the digging and will struggle later in the summer when I'm mahoosive :winkwink:

Last year I grew potatoes, carrots, calabrese, swede, brussels, caulis, squash, courgette, strawberries along with about a million tomatoes. I also have a blackcurrant bush and dwarf apple, plum, pear and cherry trees.

This year I'm just taking care of my fruit trees and have planted a few carrots and some tomatoes but I think that's about it. I'm itching to do more though :haha:

I have put my name down for an allotment about a year ago so hoping to get one next year and then I'll get my chickens and start growing afresh. I can't wait :thumbup:

My mum wants one but there is a massive waiting list at the council so she grows in her back garden instead, just the usual strawberries, onions, herbs, yellow and green beans

We grow...

Veg: potatoes, onions, leeks, courgettes, marrows, carrots, garlic, tomatoes (ok, technically fruit, but ykwim!), pak choi (dh in charge of that!) kale, squash, runner beans, herbs, asparagus

Fruit: apples, pears, plums, fig, strawberries, blackcurrants, blackberries

We grow...

Veg: kale,

Last year i gave it a go, but it was so infested with caterpillar eggs that I couldn't bring myself to eat it! Any hints to stop it happening again?

I spritz with fairy liquid! Just fill a water spray with a bit of washing up liquid and water - and then I spray regularly. The little pests don't seem to like the taste / texture.

I'm planning a little herb tub... We live in a rented property so I can't really do a veggie patch right now :(

I have been on waiting list 4 yrs and been told 8mths (ish) left. Yey.

I am trying Square Foot gardening this year in an old pond base that was in the garden of the house we have just moved in to.
I am attempting Peas, beans, courgettes, leeks, onions, carrots and potatoes.

Attachments

• 556252_10150609684781455_646376454_9078264_1591327140_n.jpg
    556252_10150609684781455_646376454_9078264_1591327140_n.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 8
I have an allotment! In the fruit bed we've got strawberries and loganberries (meant to put in some raspberries over the winter but never got round to it). So far I've planted potatoes, beetroot, carrots, parsnips, onions and leeks. We've got courgette and tomato plants growing in a little greenhouse on the balcony, so they'll be ready to go in soon. Still got to sort out French beans, runner beans, broccoli, brussels sprouts, calabrese, mangetout, radish, spinach and squash. And salad and herbs of course.

We're renting so can't grow much but we have tomatoes, strawberries & broad beans growing, as soon as we're able to buy we'll be growing as many things as possible as I love gardening and want to get lo in on it too :)

I have a veg patch and some fruit this year i am growing leeks, carrots, parsnips, spinach, lettuce, green beans, runner beans, courgettes, spring onions and radishes. In the green house i have tomatoes, cucumber, peppers and chillis and a grape vine. In the fruit garden i have strawberries, raspberries, blackcurrants and a pear tree. i also have a herb bed outside the back door for easy reach when cooking.

I have an allotment which I found via the Landshare website, its private allotments rented from the council, otherwise i would have had to wait 5 years

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->