• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Almost 17 weeks with 3rd baby and still don’t feel movement

Laura80

Reaction score
I’m 16+5 with baby number 3 and still haven’t felt any definite movement. I thought I’d felt a few tiny pops a few weeks ago but now I’m not so sure. Also my Doppler has broken but up to last week I still couldn’t find the heartbeat. Midwife briefly heard a faint heartbeat 2 weeks ago but of course I’m worried. Shouldn’t I have felt something by now since it’s my 3rd pregnancy?

I’m pregnant with my first so probably can’t offer much great advice but I think if you are worried it might be worth just speaking to your midwife. My midwife advised not to use a Doppler as it can just worry you and said if I was ever concerned to come in and see her and we can check the heartbeat together... it would only take up 5 minutes of the time which is nothing if you leave with reassurance xxx

Agreed if you are concerned no harm in letting her know. Is it possible you have an anterior placenta this time? I know I barely felt movement throughout my whole pregnancy because of that.

Agreed if you are concerned no harm in letting her know. Is it possible you have an anterior placenta this time? I know I barely felt movement throughout my whole pregnancy because of that.
I agree it could be anterior placenta. So theres a cushioning between bub and belly zone. I know two other moms that said same at your stage. Both with 2nd and 3rd bub.

Thanks for all your replies. I managed to get hold of a Doppler for a while and I have heard a heartbeat. It was very faint but was definitely baby as it was a lot faster than mine. Only heard it for a minute before it moved away. Does an anterior placenta cause a fainter heartbeat? When I hear mine it’s quite loud. I’m so relived I heart a heartbeat, now I’m just impatient to feel the kicks.

I didn't feel this baby move properly until 20 weeks or so. And it's my 5th baby plus I'm quite slim so not much padding.
With my second I didn't feel him until 22 weeks.
I would see your midwife for reassurance if you need to love x

I’ve heard of women having trouble finding the hb on home Doppler’s with AP. I never got one because they seem to be a source of unnecessary stress on these forums lol. But I know having an AP made kick counts so stressful. I had to drink ice cold water and hide in a silent, dark room to do them

Hello
Try not to worry I'm 20wks and only really felt movement in the past wk more at night this is my second pregnancy, try this fun tip use the light on you mobile (cell) phone And hold it to your tummy but move it round change the location on your tummy, them come bk and tell me what happened xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->