Almost 3 years and finally a late BFP!!

Kantny09

Reaction score
I am not really sure where to start here but I know during my journey I would always scour the internet in search of stories just like my current situation that ended with a good result just so I felt a little bit better about where I was, so here I am posting my story in hopes that I will help someone else.

So here goes...

It all started in June of 2012 when DH and I decided to kick the birth control pills. I had been on BCP since I was 15 due to irregular periods but I was new to all this so never in my life did I think it would't just happen right away. Well over the next 6 months I had 4 periods and then in December 2012 they stopped completely. In May 2013 I went to my regular doctor for something completely unrelated and when the nurse asked me when my last menstrual cycle was and I told her last December she looked at me like I was crazy. Obviously I wasn't 6 months pregnant as I had been taking tests periodically and they always came back negative. Well they did a urine test that day and when it came back negative they decided to send me for blood work and an ultrasound. The ultrasound didn't show anything and it was determined that I had PCOS. He gave me a referral to an ob/gyn that specializes in fertility and I was supposed to make an appointment. I was so upset with the whole thing that I put off making an appointment with the ob/gyn for 3 weeks.

I finally went in June 2013 and he did a full exam and was going to start me on Provera to jump start my period. He asked me to take a urine pregnancy test just in case and when I objected...knowing I wasn't pregnant...he insisted and said it would just help him sleep at night. Boy was I in complete shock when that test came back positive. Since we had no idea when I would have ovulated the doctor didn't know how far along I was or when I was due or anything, he just sent me downstairs for blood work. Unfortunately, it didn't matter how far along I was because I miscarried 2 days later due to low progesterone levels. That was the greatest pain I have ever felt. My heart was broken and I didn't know what to feel. If I had just waited a few more days before making that appointment I never would have known I was pregnant and would have just thought I was having a really heavy period. I was so confused and didn't know what to do so DH and I decided I would go back on the pill for 6 months.

In December 2013 I went off the pill and my doctor started me on Clomid right away. I had known so many people that took Clomid and got pregnant right away so I had this picture in my head that Clomid was this miracle drug and in no time at all we would have a baby. Well 5 cycles of Clomid came and went with not even a slight hint of pregnancy. My cycles regulated at 32 days and I could almost time it...which was never a possibility for me. After 5 cycles there was so much going on outside of trying to have a baby that I decided to take a break. Over the next 4 months we tried naturally with no success.

By this time I had done truck loads of research and had my own things in mind...you know because we know more than doctors and all :winkwink: and I requested that he switch me to Femara and also insisted on an HSG. I had the HSG and started my first cycle of Femara in November 2013. The HSG determined my tubes were open but cycle one was unsuccessful. Because I started my period the day after thanksgiving I was unable to get my doctor to send in a new prescription in time to start another cycle so December was unsuccessful also. Second cycle was in January and that also was unsuccessful.

By this time I was getting extremely impatient so since I was able to get 3 months of Femara at one time I decided to raise my dose from 5mg to 7.5mg for my third cycle. I started my period on February 4, 2014 and decided to change from taking Femara on days 5-9 like my doctor had told me and took them days 3-7.

This cycle I also started taking baby apsirin on cd1 and took it the entire month...I used OPK's, Softcups, and Preseed. Well I didn't feel anything at all the entire cycle. No ovulation pains like I normally would no sore nipples after ovulation no nothing. On CD32 when AF should have arrived I took an HPT and it came back BFN. I waited 3 days and on CD35 took another one...BFN. I waited 2 more days and on CD37 took another and BFN. By this time I was thinking that even with Femara I must have had an anovulatory cycle and would need Provera to start my period again. So I made a doctor's appointment for this morning. CD42. When I got there they asked for a urine sample...which I provided and the nurse brought me back to the exam room and told me it was positive!!:cloud9::happydance::cloud9::happydance:

I balled like a little baby. After all this time I was beginning to give up and lose hope. Now here I am...5w6d pregnant and I don't ever remember being this happy. Part of me is still worried about a repeat but deep down this one just FEELS better. Like it's going to stick and on Nov. 11 I am going to have a beautiful healthy baby.

Congratulations. Hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months xx

I love your story, it give's me hope!
Congrats!! I hope your pregnancy is smoothe
and in November you are holding a healthy baby! :)

Congrats!!! What a wonderful story, thank you for sharing!

Good luck for the rest of your pregnancy xx

Unfortunately, this one didn't last long either. Thank you for the well wishes!

We will continue trying. Mainly because I don't know how to not try.

Sorry for your loss. Glad to hear you are going to keep trying. I had 4 mc before i had my 2 DD's, had the tests done and came back that it was bad luck. Just had another mc and now trying again xx

Sorry for your loss hun.. Keep on trying and stay strong.

So sorry :hugs:

FX for you that you get your rainbow soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"