Almost 4 month old sleeping on side

Starlight32

Reaction score
My baby has been turning to the side to sleep. She rolled onto her tummy earlier today during her nap so now I'm terrified. It's the first time she rolled from back to tummy. She can't roll from tummy to back.

I've been trying to move her to her back but she will wake up and roll back to her side now!

I was told it's fine once they start rolling into position on their own. Can she at least lift her head up when she's on her tummy? You could always call her doctor's office to see if they recommend leaving her or continuing to move her back, it might help ease your mind :flower:

My baby has been sleeping on his side since birth. He puts himself in that position. The nicu allowed him to so I have aswell

My daughter hated lying on her back to sleep. As soon as she was able, she was either on her side or her stomach. Her ped. said it was fine as long as she put herself into that position.

My LO now 6 months sleeps like that and has for months . I put her on her back and she moves again !!

If they can get into that position themselves then it's okay to let them. My son has been sleeping on his tummy since about 3 months old because even when I turned him over he would just roll back.

At four months I personally wouldn't be worrying. My 10 week old has been rolling to her side in her sleep for many weeks now.

4 month olds are strong, should be able to lift head and chest way off the ground.

my daughter has slept on her side from day one every time I would put her on her back she would turn to her side so I just left her too it :shrug:

My daughter slept on her side from birth. For some reason she prefers that position. Once they start moving on their own, unfortunately there isn't much you can do except keep their sleeping area as safe as possible. No blankets, bumpers, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->