Almost 5weeks old, suddenly got fussy - advice/help please

mumof1+1

Mommato#4beauties
Reaction score
Have posted this in baby club aswell to see if anyone comes up with anything there...

My LG will be 5 weeks old tomorrow. Up until last night she was doing really well feeding wise, she was taking 5oz every 4 hours or so and going well through the night. Last night she suddenly got fussy, taking 1oz at a time then pushing the bottle away then shortly after taking another ounce. She has been the same today... She decided about 6.30ish tonight after her bath she wanted feeding and we had finally taken 4.5oz at 8.15pm... By the time she's got a bottle done with she's napping and wanting another after 2 hours or so...

Anyone else had this? What could be the reason for this? She seems ok in herself, not grumpier or anything, she isn't quite settling as well as she can do but she does that sometimes anyway... Is it a phase or could she be coming down with something... I'm lost... Don't recall experiencing this before :shrug:

Thanks in advance xxx

She could be having a bit of silent reflux, but it probably more likely that it's just a little "phase". I just learned about this whole "wonder weeks" thing on here lol and 5 weeks is supposed to be a rough one lol. I actually have noticed that a lot of mom's are on here posting about some issue or another with a 5 week old suddenly changing what they've been doing up to that point.

Hi ladies what's wonder weeks, my LO 5 weeks on Saturday.....wonder weeks don't sound good!!! Lol

Could she be going through a growth spurt? I seem to remember something like that happening around that age with my LO. I felt like he was always hungry but not eating much at one time. It seems like it took a couple days to pass.

Hi ladies what's wonder weeks, my LO 5 weeks on Saturday.....wonder weeks don't sound good!!! Lol

It's new to me, but it's a theory that at certain weeks of age babies go through developmental milestones that we don't usually realize or notice and they can get fussy and unsettled during those times and/or their sleeping/eating habits may change. If you Google it you can see a chart and better explanation. There a really popular book on it too apparently.

mine did/does this now and again, in her case its usually because she has wind, is she making little grunty noises or making 'eh' noises while feeding? She also thrashes around and turns her face side to side making me think she just isnt hungry, but is sucking on the bottle at the same time!!

I did wonder too if maybe the teat she was on at the time was too slow for her? is that worth trying?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->